cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > House Keeping > What should this site be?

Old 03-23-2012, 12:35 AM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Matthew 24

Quote:
25Behold, I have told you before.

26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

32Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

35Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

43But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:21 AM   #12
MikeWaters
Demiurge

You know when you are a young teenager, and your mom is gathering up stuff to give away, sell at a garage sale, or donate. And it's one of your old toys from childhood that you really enjoyed. You protest and say "don't sell that." "Well are you still going to play with it?" "No." "Are you going to keep it and be responsible for it with your stuff." "No." "Then it's going."

It's not that you care about the physical loss. You in fact had completely forgotten about it, and only remembered it because you saw it in the pile of stuff to be thrown out. No it's not the loss, it's the idea of loss in general. Of how temporary things are in this mortal sphere.

An author I used to like had a character who would perseverate on the fact that he could no longer distinctly bring to mind the exact face of a deceased woman he had loved some 20 years prior. That you could be that close, yet still not be able to hold on, as the years go by.

A buddy of mine emailed me last night to tell me that he has pancreatic cancer. Things change, things end. We all have a part, and we all live (and die) with our choices.

I assure you there is nothing vindictive about this. It's just marking the obvious, and the proper course. The door was open. And then the door shut.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #13
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Mike, you are one strange dude.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #14
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I'm strange, you are boring. I call a draw. You know, that is, if this were a democracy.