cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 05:27 PM   #1
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I just caught part of one of those Sun. a.m. news shows

on CNN - one with Wolf Blitzer. Bob Kerrey was on there, and they were discussing Bush's claims that Congress had access to the same intelligence he did, in criticizing the democrats for complaining about the Iraq war. Kerrey's response was that that claim was completely false, otherwise, how come they had to subpoena the president's intelligence briefings for the 9/11 commission, and at that they still got sanitized ones.

I thought it was interesting. If Kerrey's accurate, then Bush is lying, isn't he?

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 11:47 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a lot of sping going on....

I have no doubt that the Bush team cherry picked intelligence that supported the position that they believed/wanted.

Reports from German intelligence, that discredit Bush's assertions, came out this week. "we told the Americans not to believe this guy." No American ever interviewed/questioned this key source named "curveball."

I think the more you dig, the more you will find it stinks.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:30 AM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default There's enough there for everybody

but Mike in intelligence, you must pick and choose whom you will believe and whom you won't.

I don't think it stinks, wrong maybe not by design.

My number one question is what would Bush gain by embroiling himself in a war that his father advised against?

Nobody comes up with an adequate answer.

Bush actually believed he did it for the right reason. I think he was wrong, but I don't fault him for the reasons are willing to believe he lied to wage war.

Every advocate shapes evidence to make his case; that's not dishonest. It's not a scholarly exercise.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:43 AM   #4
DirtyHippieUTE

DirtyHippieUTE is on a distinguished road

Mrs. Hippie and I have gone the rounds on this... She hates Bush.

We've come to believe that Bush didn't doctor Intel. but he may have been eager to believe the stuff that said go.

I think it's dishonest for the Dems to say that they got the wool pulled over their eyes. They were given the same intel and made their own choices.

Everybody was wrong.

Regarding the pull out, I'm still on board with what Powell said, "You break it, you own it."

I think if we pull out now we're oing to reap the whirlwind later.
DirtyHippieUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:20 PM   #5
cougarstolz

cougarstolz is an unknown quantity at this point

if we leave now, somebody worse than saddam will fill the power vacuum. what do people expect will happen to iraq if we leave now?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:04 PM   #6
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Mrs. Hippie and I have gone the rounds on this... She hates Bush.
uhh . . . on second thought, no comment.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote