cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Outdoor / Scouting / Survival
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2006, 02:15 AM   #11
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Some boy did that in our neighborhood.

I knew another kid that cleaned up the weeds in front of some property that his father had just purchased. There's somthing he can always look back on with a sense of pride, eh?
Oh yeah. Nothing like a father taking advantage of his kid to do some work for an Eagle project and not having to pay him. I have some trees in my backyard that need pruning or to be removed if he wants to do that.

You can always have your bot do the fire hydrant thing in another neighborhood. All he'd have to do is call the fire department and they can let him know where it needs to be done in areas close to where you live. The departmenmay even provide the supplies for it.

A boy in our ward did some work at the food bank for his Eagle project. It was a good experience for him and the other boys involved as they were able to see what goes on "behind the scenes" at the food bank. Other charities like that are always in need of volunteers and are willing to work with kids on their projects.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote