cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2008, 05:18 AM   #1
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road
Default Hypo - Utah beats TCU, BYU beats Utah

Where does BYU go Bowling? I think LV Bowl Takes Utah, which puts us in ? San Diego?
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:23 AM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, being that the MWC tie in with the Vegas Bowl is a bit unusual - it get's first choice of who it wants - and because with your scenario, there would be a three way tie for the conference title, I'd say that Vegas would choose BYU because of the built-in fan base there in the Vegas area.

Then Utah to Ft. Worth and TCU to San Diego. Or maybe TCU would stay at home and the Utes to SD. That scenario would be the better attendance draw for the respective teams.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:27 AM   #3
Coach McGuirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Well, being that the MWC tie in with the Vegas Bowl is a bit unusual - it get's first choice of who it wants - and because with your scenario, there would be a three way tie for the conference title, I'd say that Vegas would choose BYU because of the built-in fan base there in the Vegas area.

Then Utah to Ft. Worth and TCU to San Diego. Or maybe TCU would stay at home and the Utes to SD. That scenario would be the better attendance draw for the respective teams.
Hmm, I was thinking maybe the VB would jump at a chance for some fresh blood and am sure Utah is the other MWC team that would sell out Sam Boyd.
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Old 10-29-2008, 05:32 AM   #4
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
Hmm, I was thinking maybe the VB would jump at a chance for some fresh blood and am sure Utah is the other MWC team that would sell out Sam Boyd.
Possibly so. I agree that the Utes could sell out Sam Boyd, but I believe that BYU would definitely sell it out.

I also think that the folks that run the Vegas Bowl are in the "don't fix it if it ain't broke" camp.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:58 AM   #5
Coach McGuirk

In the end I believe TCU beats Utah and Utah beats BYU. It will be the worst of the three 10-2 seasons. TCU goes to a BCS game and Utes get the Vegas Bowl.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:04 AM   #6
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
In the end I believe TCU beats Utah and Utah beats BYU. It will be the worst of the three 10-2 seasons. TCU goes to a BCS game and Utes get the Vegas Bowl.
I just don't trust that the BCS folks would allow a one loss non-BCS team to crash their party. But Boise State will most likely remain undefeated and if Utah loses any game, it opens the door for BSU.

Utah has more than enough to deal with in 3 of their last 4 games. UNM, TCU and BYU are more than formidable challenges.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:02 PM   #7
Mars

Mars is on a distinguished road
Cool

The Las Vegas Bowl HATES Utah. Either TCU or BYU will go there, whoever finishes with just 1 loss. If it's a tie, it's close, but then probably BYU to the Poinsettia.