cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 03:42 AM   #31
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

I menace, a dentist, an oral hygenist... I'll leave it at that, because after that it gets pretty crude. Crude, yet hillarious.

I should add some of the "newer" tracks that I'm listening to right now:

"Cupid's Chokehold" by Gym Class Heroes -- I really like this song right now, kinda catchy in a weird way

"Bones" and "Read My Mind" by the Killers are on there in that I just bought Sam's Town and like these songs off it.

"Boston" by Augustana is a good more mellow song.

"Please Don't Do This" by Plain White Tees is another one that kinda makes me laugh in that I've been there before and am glad that I'm not single. I liked "Hate (I Really Don't Like You)" by them and so I checked out some of their other stuff. Not too bad.

Other than that, my iPod is so diverse I've got just about anything and everything on it. Those are just the newer songs I've been listening to lately.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 05:24 AM   #32
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
They are mostly independent label. In the age of the interment and itunes, there are thousands more choices than just what is on the radio when you invest the time in looking. I would bet that some of those songs you have heard and just don't know it. Several TV shows now, for example The OC and Greys Anatomy are loaded with indie tracks.

Surely though, you know Beck?
The only Beck I know just finished his senior season as BYU's quarterback.

I don't have an iPod. I don't have a stereo (except the stock model that came with my car). I don't use iTunes to listen to music on my computer speakers. Never seen an episode of either The OC or Greys Anatomy. I only listen to either KSL or the sports talk shows on the radio during drive time. When it comes to music - I'm about as "out of it" as it gets.

I do have several Van Cliburn CDs along with a Buddy Holly's Greatest Hits.
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 07:07 AM   #33
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
I menace, a dentist, an oral hygenist... I'll leave it at that, because after that it gets pretty crude. Crude, yet hillarious.

I should add some of the "newer" tracks that I'm listening to right now:

"Cupid's Chokehold" by Gym Class Heroes -- I really like this song right now, kinda catchy in a weird way

"Bones" and "Read My Mind" by the Killers are on there in that I just bought Sam's Town and like these songs off it.

"Boston" by Augustana is a good more mellow song.

"Please Don't Do This" by Plain White Tees is another one that kinda makes me laugh in that I've been there before and am glad that I'm not single. I liked "Hate (I Really Don't Like You)" by them and so I checked out some of their other stuff. Not too bad.

Other than that, my iPod is so diverse I've got just about anything and everything on it. Those are just the newer songs I've been listening to lately.
Gym Class Heroes is great. I like Hey There Delilah by Plain White Tees. The Killers sophmore album is impressive. I was expecting a let down after Hot Fuss. I like Augustana as well.

Here's my latest mix, actually my girl friend made it but it's what I have been listening to:

Heartbeats - The Knife
So Much Trouble - Matt Pond PA
Loro - Pinback
AFK - Pinback
Fortress - Pinback
Crutch - Pinback
Tres - Pinback
Oh Lately It's So Quiet - Ok Go
Girl and the Sea - The Presets
Someone Must Get Hurt - She Wants Revenge
I Don't Want to Fall in Love - She Wants Revenge
Waiting - Shiny Toy Guns
Don't Cry Out - Shiny Toy Guns
Le Disko - Shiny Toy Guns
Fire - The Sounds
Painted By Numbers - The Sounds
Secret Meeting - The National
Lousy Reputation - We Are Scientists
This Scene is Dead - We Are Scientists
So Here We Are - Bloc Party
Jesus Christ - Brand New
Knights of Cydonia - Muse
Hysteria - Muse
Thoughts of a Dying Atheist - Muse
Stockholm Syndrome - Muse

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:20 PM   #34
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
Gym Class Heroes is great. I like Hey There Delilah by Plain White Tees. The Killers sophmore album is impressive. I was expecting a let down after Hot Fuss. I like Augustana as well.

Here's my latest mix, actually my girl friend made it but it's what I have been listening to:

Heartbeats - The Knife
So Much Trouble - Matt Pond PA
Loro - Pinback
AFK - Pinback
Fortress - Pinback
Crutch - Pinback
Tres - Pinback
Oh Lately It's So Quiet - Ok Go
Girl and the Sea - The Presets
Someone Must Get Hurt - She Wants Revenge
I Don't Want to Fall in Love - She Wants Revenge
Waiting - Shiny Toy Guns
Don't Cry Out - Shiny Toy Guns
Le Disko - Shiny Toy Guns
Fire - The Sounds
Painted By Numbers - The Sounds
Secret Meeting - The National
Lousy Reputation - We Are Scientists
This Scene is Dead - We Are Scientists
So Here We Are - Bloc Party
Jesus Christ - Brand New
Knights of Cydonia - Muse
Hysteria - Muse
Thoughts of a Dying Atheist - Muse
Stockholm Syndrome - Muse
Yes, "Hey There Deliliah" was actually the first Plain White Tees song I liked, I forgot about that one.

Shiny Toy Guns by Le Disko was on my list as of a week ago. Not a bad song. I think me and you have a pretty similar taste in music surfah... so I may spend tonight checking out a lot of those songs. Which is awesome because I'm always in need of something fresh.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote