cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2008, 11:07 PM   #11
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
And in spite of all your fellatio over Moneyball..it hasn't won the A's Jack shit in terms of being able to keep those players has it?

*Cue next bullshit dishonest response trying to back up his claim while pretending he's actually a legit A's fan before the extremely overated Moneyball came along post*
Nice job addressing the substance of the argument.

I wasn't an A's fan before reading Moneyball because I wasn't a baseball fan before Moneyball. Try again.

Have you even read Moneyball or have you read it and misunderstand the point behind the book like 95% of the people who read it?

Seeing as you refuse to address the substance of any argument, I doubt you will answer this one, but please in one sentence describe the point of Moneyball. It should be easy for anyone who read the book and understands the book.

Thank you in advance.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:08 PM   #12
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
Nice job addressing the substance of the argument.

I wasn't an A's fan before reading Moneyball because I wasn't a baseball fan before Moneyball. Try again.

Have you even read Moneyball or have you read it and misunderstand the point behind the book like 95% of the people who read it?

Seeing as you refuse to address the substance of any argument, I doubt you will answer this one, but please in one sentence describe the point of Moneyball. It should be easy for anyone who read the book and understands the book.

Thank you in advance.
Your response had substance to it?

Next thing you know Funk might actually understand what the fuck even he himself is posting.

I'm curious to see which miracle occurs first.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:09 PM   #13
mpfunk

Quote:
No because you're not a dumbfuck that is wrong 100% of the time regarding every topic on the history of the earth like the Funkster is. Besides you like Mark Knopfler and I can dig that.

However if you get bored you can resort to Funk acting like Yewt "fan" in his obsession about always concerned about what BYU fans are saying and thinking on internet message boards, and then basically have no one respond in kind to him, because they see his Zootness and just smile.

But you're better than that.
Typical Rocky Balboa never address the substance of an argument, just throw out insults. I'm glad to see that you are at least consistent.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:11 PM   #14
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Typical Rocky Balboa never address the substance of an argument, just throw out insults. I'm glad to see that you are at least consistent.
That wasn't an insult.

It was factual reality.

We have years of proof of your posts as such. Also please explain your 0% record in losing every single sports debate you've ever been in. Now THAT'S consistency.

Ever.

You're the penultimate Yewt "fan".

It's okay for you to pretend otherwise though.

In the meantime I'll think of another easy bet that you're a big enough dumbshit to fall into that I can take advantage of, but then taking candy from babies would be more difficult than that.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:22 PM   #15
mpfunk

Quote:
Your response had substance to it?

Next thing you know Funk might actually understand what the fuck even he himself is posting.

I'm curious to see which miracle occurs first.
Let me spell it out in a simple form because you don't seem to have inability to follow an argument.

1) I stated that the A's will hold the rights to Michel Inoa what is most likely the most productive years of his career 21 through approximately 28.
2) I gave you the details on MLB rookie salary contracts (3 years until arbitration eligible and 6 years until free agency eligible)
3) You stated the A's wouldn't likely have his best years
4) I gave studies on when pitchers begin to decline to support my argument that the A's will likely have Inoa through his best years
5) You throw out insults.

In this whole thing you are the one who made up that I was making a claim that the A's would keep him after free agency. If he ends up being great it is unlikely that the A's hold onto him after his free agency years. He is likely a 6-7 year player for the A's. I'm very happy with this because that means we get his best years.

I'm still waiting on your thoughts on Moneyball.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:51 AM   #16
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Let me spell it out in a simple form because you don't seem to have inability to follow an argument.

1) I stated that the A's will hold the rights to Michel Inoa what is most likely the most productive years of his career 21 through approximately 28.
2) I gave you the details on MLB rookie salary contracts (3 years until arbitration eligible and 6 years until free agency eligible)
3) You stated the A's wouldn't likely have his best years
4) I gave studies on when pitchers begin to decline to support my argument that the A's will likely have Inoa through his best years
5) You throw out insults.

In this whole thing you are the one who made up that I was making a claim that the A's would keep him after free agency. If he ends up being great it is unlikely that the A's hold onto him after his free agency years. He is likely a 6-7 year player for the A's. I'm very happy with this because that means we get his best years.

I'm still waiting on your thoughts on Moneyball.
Time will tell if you get his best years.

Moneyball hasn't won the A's a World Series yet much less got them to it.

Cue Funk's excuse that only the teams who're lucky win the World Series.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:28 AM   #17
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
But you're better than that.
Not really. I hang out on message boards, don't I?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:00 AM   #18
mpfunk

Quote:
Time will tell if you get his best years.

Moneyball hasn't won the A's a World Series yet much less got them to it.

Cue Funk's excuse that only the teams who're lucky win the World Series.
Still not addressing the argument. Also, still haven't given a simple statement of the point of Moneyball. You keep throwing out the term Moneyball but cannot even define what it is.

It isn't excuse that only teams who are lucky win the World Series. When no statistical study can really show what factor wins in the playoffs, it becomes clear that luck is a major factor. Read the chapter Why Billy Beane's Shit Doesn't Work in the Playoffs in Baseball Between the Numbers. Oh wait, you refuse to acknowledge anything that doesn't conform to your preconceived notions.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:19 PM   #19
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Still not addressing the argument. Also, still haven't given a simple statement of the point of Moneyball. You keep throwing out the term Moneyball but cannot even define what it is.

It isn't excuse that only teams who are lucky win the World Series. When no statistical study can really show what factor wins in the playoffs, it becomes clear that luck is a major factor. Read the chapter Why Billy Beane's Shit Doesn't Work in the Playoffs in Baseball Between the Numbers. Oh wait, you refuse to acknowledge anything that doesn't conform to your preconceived notions.
Yep, no post-season success certainly equals to "pre-conceived" notions instead of factual reality and history having already spoken for itself.

Dumbass.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:33 PM   #20
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

All this could have been avoided if mpfunk didnt dis Metallica.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote