cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 04:57 AM   #1
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pray for Levi

As I sit here watching the Vs. TdF replay, after having watched the live broadcast this morning (what can I say, I am a geek for this stuff I am constantly bothered by a vision of the future without an American contender. look at the top young rider category. No American is contending for the jersey. Levi is our only GC hopeful and he is not even mentioned by the Traut or Bobke or the boys and is ignored elsewhere in the international media. How many years will any channel broadcast the race to the US of stinkin NASCAR A without an American having a clear chance to win? I figure a Levi victory is good for a few more years at least and even a podium finish should get us at least two years.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:27 AM   #2
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
As I sit here watching the Vs. TdF replay, after having watched the live broadcast this morning (what can I say, I am a geek for this stuff I am constantly bothered by a vision of the future without an American contender. look at the top young rider category. No American is contending for the jersey. Levi is our only GC hopeful and he is not even mentioned by the Traut or Bobke or the boys and is ignored elsewhere in the international media. How many years will any channel broadcast the race to the US of stinkin NASCAR A without an American having a clear chance to win? I figure a Levi victory is good for a few more years at least and even a podium finish should get us at least two years.
After LeMond was beat during the 1991 tour I thought I had seen the last American to win a tour during my lifetime. To have had it happen another 7/8times since then is truly remarkable. I've been worried about the interest level for cycling in this country for over twenty year now but luckily Armstrong came along. I hope his victories inspired thousands of boys to put their XBox away and start riding a bike and that one of them is only five years away from greatness.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote