cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2008, 01:51 AM   #1
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road
Default My biggest concern with Mitt

I think Mitt is the most qualified Republican candidate, or actually, most qualified candidate to run our country. I think as far as business is concerned, Romney has shown he can successfully run a business. He's also shown that he can run a state being successful as a governor. If you had to take a look at everything else, I think he would be the front runner. However, I think his Religion will ultimately be an issue and will hurt him and keep him from being elected, even if he wins the republican nomination. I think Mitt (or Huckabee for that matter) would lose to either Obama or Hillary in the Presidential election, and that scares me.

So maybe I am just being a paranoid Mormon, but I really don't think that Mitt has much of a shot at the white house. I feel like his best bet would be as a VP candidate, although I'm not sure who he would run with. Huckabee is definitely out, and I don't think he is a good match with McCain. Maybe with Guiliani, but would that ticket be enough to beat Obama or Hillary? I don't know.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:59 AM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

The more time that goes by, the less the issue hurts him.

I also posted before that Huckabee is a blessing in disguise for Mitt. Huckabee has taken over the role of religious whacko, and by contrast, Mitt comes across as a deist.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote