cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 05:59 PM   #11
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I was in cougarboard chat and I kept typing "bad teams find ways to lose games." It was almost comical because you just knew somehow or someway....Strange thing is if you subscribe to the theory that Gary Crowton was fired because he lost football games, which I know many dispute but I still believe the HC issues was a convenient way for mormons to bring a more comforting moral end to an ugly episode, is that the guy was sabotaged by a preseason AA. The dude was Job. The BSU loss was comical. The UNLV loss was maddening and the UNM loss was comfortably numb.
Payne was the least clutch of any kicker I can recall. And he was still loved by the masses. He had some great hits on kick returns, but I would have traded them all at the time for a freaking kick between the uprights when the game was on the line.

As it turns out, Payne got rid of Crowton, so he is still an AA in my book.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:25 PM   #12
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
When is the last time a coach ran a high-dollar donor's only insider gossip website to fund his personal website?
Frank Beamer does it on his website as do others throughout the country. So, in short, the answer to your question is: recently.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote