cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 02:35 PM   #1
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The news is devolving daily into a more serious version

of Entertainment Tonight. Why is this Rosie vs Trump feud news? Why is it the leading story on the Today show this am? Why does Britney Spears wearing or not wearing underwear to the club dominate all major news outlets? Why should I even know who Nicole Richie is? It's insane. As each year passes, real news fades more and more into the background. I'm guessing it's the route to better ratings, but please can we have ONE media outlet that ignores these stories?
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:40 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
of Entertainment Tonight. Why is this Rosie vs Trump feud news? Why is it the leading story on the Today show this am? Why does Britney Spears wearing or not wearing underwear to the club dominate all major news outlets? Why should I even know who Nicole Richie is? It's insane. As each year passes, real news fades more and more into the background. I'm guessing it's the route to better ratings, but please can we have ONE media outlet that ignores these stories?
I hear the BBC usually sticks to news.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:31 PM   #3
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

as snipe would want you to believe--The liberal media wants you to love and care for Hollywood. It is all a big ploy by the liberal media.

In reality, people want to be entertained not so much informed. It is why people like Bill OReilly, Shawn Hannity and others (any of the far left commentors) have such a huge audience...they are entertaining and they give little info on the actual news but they are loud and abrasive and annoying.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:48 PM   #4
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
as snipe would want you to believe--The liberal media wants you to love and care for Hollywood.
His beloved FOX network is among the worst of perpetrators when it comes to this stuff.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote