cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 05:08 PM   #11
Insensitive PAP

Insensitive PAP

It would be nice to see someone like Al Gore come out and discuss all the issues he was wrong about on global warming. Until a significant player does this, I'm not going to take any of it seriously. Either we unemotionally pursue real science, or we willingly follow self interested propaganda machines on blind faith.
Insensitive PAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:28 PM   #12
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
If by "your side" you mean "the dumb side", then yes. Obviously I make sure to take the dumb side of every argument.
What's up with this new witty, less-defensive Tex? You are going to take all of the fun out of ganging up on you.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:36 PM   #13
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
What's up with this new witty, less-defensive Tex? You are going to take all of the fun out of ganging up on you.
Or, you are just now starting to pick up on my eclectic sense of humor.

I am an acquired taste.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:57 AM   #14
Lost Student

Lost Student is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHippieUTE View Post
http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=2934409

These are the same stupid bastards who would bite off their nose to spite their face.

Absolute refusal to recognize any human contribution to global climate change is beyond stupid. How the hell can you even start to think that way?
I only read a small handfull of posts on that thread, but I didn't see any posts that said humans are not contributing at all--I understood ISOH to just go along with the notion that the earth changes temp in a cyclical manner and they beleive that this warming trend is part of that cycle regardless of our interference.

This makes me wonder..if humans didn't exist, and the earth started warming, would we know about it?

Okay, before I posted this I just read BYU71's response which said pretty much what I tried to say but more succinctly, and you responded to him. But after spending the last 3 minutes writing this post, I refuse to delete it.

And yeah, that "they have you too, I see" line was annoying.

I will take issue with your statements on CB about our actions contributing to or causing natural disasters... while I can't say that I know we don't contribute to natural disasters, I don't think anyone has proven that we do.

Kind of like Statman said, even without the spector of global warming, I see plenty of reasons to reduce pollution and protect the quality of the environment.

Of course, if this means I can't make a yearly trip to Lake Powell, then SCREW YOU.
Lost Student is offline   Reply With Quote