cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #1
Oxcoug

Oxcoug is on a distinguished road
Default The Obama Gaffe Machine

http://online.wsj.com/article_print/...476431299.html

I'm really not an Obama hater. In fact I can tell you right now that there are scenarios in which I would vote for him over McCain - if JM were to pick Huckabee as his running mate and BO were to pick someone like Ted Strickland, I vote for Obama.

I think electing a man of his international and interracial background would be a huge benefit for the US right now. I just wish he was more qualified.

Most amusing in recent Obama gaffes was his reference to the Khruschev-Kennedy meeting in Vienna as being a catalyst for ending the Cold War. There was a nervous and snickering thread that went around my old Russian & East European Studies faculty in the UK in the wake of that event - given that that particular meeting actually deepened Cold War divisions and arguably prolonged it.
Oxcoug is offline   Reply With Quote