cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2008, 07:31 PM   #1
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm in New Delhi

Just arrived, middle of the night.

Maybe I can catch the England/India cricket match on Friday in Mumbai.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:20 PM   #2
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Any plans to ride an elephant? I want to see the footage on You Tube.
P.S. I hear the chilled monkey brains are a real treat.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:23 PM   #3
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Make sure you stop in at the Quik-E-Mart.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:41 PM   #4
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Just arrived, middle of the night.

Maybe I can catch the England/India cricket match on Friday in Mumbai.
Hope you're not allergic to bees.

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/fo...rd/posts/21422
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:16 AM   #5
myboynoah

The sun is up now. The city is covered in fog. It smells smokey, so I wonder how much is polution.

Last night I went to the hotel ATM to withdraw some money. It is 45 rupees to the dollar, and in my haze (24 hours in transit), I tried to pull out $1000 worth. Machine wouldn't do it. I settled on 1000 rupees (about $222) and now have a big wad of 100 and 500 rupee notes. In this country I have suddenly become a multi-millionaire. Next time I'm bringing one of those big fancy money clips.

The hotel has ESPN. I'm watching the Heat kill the Spurs.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:20 AM   #6
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm watching that game too! Hey, are you going to church there this weekend? I have a buddy working for Bain in New Dehli. He's tall, has freckles and is from Price. If you see him, tell him I said hello.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:23 AM   #7
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
The sun is up now. The city is covered in fog. It smells smokey, so I wonder how much is polution.

Last night I went to the hotel ATM to withdraw some money. It is 45 rupees to the dollar, and in my haze (24 hours in transit), I tried to pull out $1000 worth. Machine wouldn't do it. I settled on 1000 rupees (about $222) and now have a big wad of 100 and 500 rupee notes. In this country I have suddenly become a multi-millionaire. Next time I'm bringing one of those big fancy money clips.

The hotel has ESPN. I'm watching the Heat kill the Spurs.
There is a scene in James Bond....is it Octopussy.....where he is cruising through some city in India, being chased by bad guys. In order to stall the bad guys, he yells out and chucks a bunch of rupees into the air, causing a commotion amongst the local street urchins that all lunge to grab the cash. In actuality, he probably only threw about $20 away, but it saved his life.

It would be cool if you tried to do something similar, even if someone isnt chasing you while you are there.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:28 AM   #8
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

The church has grown in India; there are some 20 branches throughout the country now. Let me know if the locals are picketing gay marriage.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:31 AM   #9
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
The church has grown in India; there are some 20 branches throughout the country now. Let me know if the locals are picketing gay marriage.
Our ward outsources most of the day to day stuff to LDS members in India....home teaching, visiting teaching, scouts, etc....it is all done in India now.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:25 PM   #10
myboynoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
According to the Church site there are two branches here in New Delhi. The 2nd Branch is closer, so I'll attend there. No picketers here so far. If I run up against some, I'll try 3D's rupee trick.