cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2007, 10:11 PM   #11
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Where did that quote from Pac come from? That is absolutely beautiful.
It was from a recent post in the basketball forum on this site. I don't get into the Ute smack too much but this was so well done I had to honor it.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:09 AM   #12
Donuthole

Donuthole is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I'm a very bad speller but (I know this is vanity) very bright, well read people often are. This is one thing my wife and I have in common. My Property professor was no. 1 in his class at Yale and clerked for Potter Stewart, and was a terrible speller. Some people even hurt his feelings comlaining to the dean about it. Since I misspell (sp?) Santa Clause you can't hold it against me for misspelling words like Renaissance. You see I really am quite a bad speller regardless of how many times I have written or used or seen a particular word. I'm a much better typer than a speller.
Well read people are often very good spellers, too. I hope that doesn't put a damper on your "poor speller + well read = genius" equation.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:19 AM   #13
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
if i set hand forteg it, it would lont even be lefibel. Propls to you for getting that much right without oaving to rewirte teh whole thing as i do.
I like your style.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:42 AM   #14
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Dang, point #4 is irrefutable proof that whomever it was here that pointed out that the reason evangelicals don't want Romney elected is because they don't want the LDS Church recognized as legitimate.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:43 AM   #15
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I'm a very bad speller but (I know this is vanity) very bright, well read people often are. This is one thing my wife and I have in common. My Property professor was no. 1 in his class at Yale and clerked for Potter Stewart, and was a terrible speller. Some people even hurt his feelings comlaining to the dean about it. Since I misspell (sp?) Santa Clause you can't hold it against me for misspelling words like Renaissance. You see I really am quite a bad speller regardless of how many times I have written or used or seen a particular word. I'm a much better typer than a speller.

I myself have been accused of being a bad speller. The part about being very bright fits. I also think with me it might be because I am not anal.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:59 AM   #16
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
I can testify that as a guest writer on other blogs, that people will call you a bigot and say mean things if you take a stand and actually have the gall to say that you can’t vote for a Mormon for President because of his religion. Our tolerant society is not so tolerant of people with religious convictions.

Talk about circular reasoning. This is the very definition of hypocrisy.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:13 AM   #17
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, I don't think I have ever met anyone in the LDS church as close minded and out of touch with who I believe Christ is. Even as repulsive as this guy is, I believe God hears his prayers. I do think he as a child of God embarasses his father though.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 04:14 AM   #18
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Ditto ditto ditto. I suck at spelling. I think it is because I learned to speed read in third grade. Never saw letters after that.
Spelling is an interesting indicator. Sometimes bad spelling goes with really bright people. Of course, it is also true that really dumb people tend to be very poor spellers. Given a choice, I would also choose the former.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:17 PM   #19
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, yes, yes. See, i'ma a bad speller too. I'm a genious!

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:56 PM   #20
Brian

Brian has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Wow, I don't think I have ever met anyone in the LDS church as close minded and out of touch with who I believe Christ is. Even as repulsive as this guy is, I believe God hears his prayers. I do think he as a child of God embarasses his father though.
That's what makes god so cool.
We all embarrass him. But it's ok, he doesn't have an ego.