cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2008, 10:56 PM   #1
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Animals consenting to sex.

I didn't want to threadjack a serious discussion in the Religion forum, but I was interested in DDD's distinction between pedophiles and gays, as the former involves an act for which consent cannot be given, while the latter involves consenting adults. But he may have overshot when he extended the consent distinction to bestiality. Whenever guests visit our home, our dog Louie not only consents, but proceeds to commence the act to the horror of his master (yeah, right, "master") and the embarrassed chuckles of the recipient of Louie's affections. If asked, I'm sure Louie would produce an affidavit, witnessed by multiple canine colleagues, that yes, he wished to have a go with any human's leg (or worse), and he was doing so voluntarily with a sound mind, such as it is. This is particularly odd as, thanks to his vet, Louie bade farewell to his package a few weeks after his birth.

But I suppose the issue of consent in the context of bestiality relates to the human catcher, not the canine pitcher, as most of our guests find the ordeal humiliating and unpleasant. Seriously, I don't know what's more embarrassing, when a dog begins to make sweet love to my leg, or insists on parking his snout in my crotch. Perhaps I need to bathe more frequently than weekly.
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:02 PM   #2
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Hilarious.

Two years ago we took the family to Vegas to watch BYU destroy the Ducks. Somewhere along the way, my daughter won a little fuzzy pink teddy bear at some arcade game. We brought it home and our cat (a tomcat) instantly fell in love. He mounted the pink teddy and made sweet love. And has done so repeatedly almost every day since. He likes it so much we don't have the heart to take it away. We throw it in the washer every now and then to keep it sanitary. The kids were horrified at first, but it has become the family joke.

I suppose that in a way the pink teddy represents the Oregon Ducks and the cat represents our mighty cougars finally getting that bowl game monkey off their backs after so many years of disappointment. Rowrrr...
Old 11-11-2008, 11:11 PM   #3
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

hey, who can resist a hot pink teddy?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:13 AM   #4
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
I didn't want to threadjack a serious discussion in the Religion forum, but I was interested in DDD's distinction between pedophiles and gays, as the former involves an act for which consent cannot be given, while the latter involves consenting adults. But he may have overshot when he extended the consent distinction to bestiality. Whenever guests visit our home, our dog Louie not only consents, but proceeds to commence the act to the horror of his master (yeah, right, "master") and the embarrassed chuckles of the recipient of Louie's affections. If asked, I'm sure Louie would produce an affidavit, witnessed by multiple canine colleagues, that yes, he wished to have a go with any human's leg (or worse), and he was doing so voluntarily with a sound mind, such as it is. This is particularly odd as, thanks to his vet, Louie bade farewell to his package a few weeks after his birth.

But I suppose the issue of consent in the context of bestiality relates to the human catcher, not the canine pitcher, as most of our guests find the ordeal humiliating and unpleasant. Seriously, I don't know what's more embarrassing, when a dog begins to make sweet love to my leg, or insists on parking his snout in my crotch. Perhaps I need to bathe more frequently than weekly.
Dogs, so wonderful to have around.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:35 AM   #5
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:51 PM   #6
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Add that to the 1,746 other reasons why I don't have pets. Gidget has told me had she known this about me before we married that she would have reconsidered. So Arch if you like animals that's another bonus point for you.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:44 PM   #7
Gidget

Gidget is on a distinguished road

Animals are a lot of work but for the most part enrich our lives with humor and love, which makes our efforts worth it.
I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PaloAltoCougar
Gidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:49 PM   #8
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidget View Post
Animals are a lot of work but for the most part enrich our lives with humor and love, which makes our efforts worth it.
Being a sports fan does the same thing.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:09 PM   #9
smokymountainrain

smokymountainrain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
wow.
smokymountainrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:16 PM   #10
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
Add that to the 1,746 other reasons why I don't have pets. Gidget has told me had she known this about me before we married that she would have reconsidered. So Arch if you like animals that's another bonus point for you.
I have many pets, three to four dogs, depending on what you call toy dogs, several cats, a bird, lizards from time to time (no snakes, their mother won't permit it), and fish until the cats fish for them.

And that's only at the abode, at the abode for domestication of tasty animals, ...