cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2008, 10:21 PM   #11
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
ROFL. You know in both cases they're bandwagon fans who don't really follow the team all that closely - they only are coming due to the current success.

What is worse, is that was representative of their conversations. It wasn't the only stupid-ass thing they've said.
The only person I have to deal with is the idiot two rows behind me who blames Ludwig for every play that doesn't result in a touchdown. When the Utes are playing well, he is quiet, so I don't know if he says stupid things that are not football related.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:26 PM   #12
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
ROFL. You know in both cases they're bandwagon fans who don't really follow the team all that closely - they only are coming due to the current success.

What is worse, is that was representative of their conversations. It wasn't the only stupid-ass thing they've said.
That reminds me of the family that sat next to me last year at LES. They drove me nuts. I couldn't stand the idiotic comments they would make all game.

One of my favorites came during the Utah game, with the score tied at 0, and BYU with the ball on the 3 yard line decided to kick a FG. The morons started to boo, screaming "What good does a FG do you?!?" Annoyed, and after putting up with a season of comments just as stupid as that one, I snapped back "It gives you a 3-0 lead morons". That shut them up for a while, and about made the guy on the row in front of me who had them screaming in his ear all year long spit his hot chocolate on the rows in front of him. I should have known I was in for a long year when the first game the guy asked me "How many people does the stadium hold, like 100,000?"
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:27 PM   #13
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
"How many people does the stadium hold, like 100,000?"
If you count the babies and toddlers that are sitting on the parents' laps, yes.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:47 PM   #14
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
That reminds me of the family that sat next to me last year at LES. They drove me nuts. I couldn't stand the idiotic comments they would make all game.

One of my favorites came during the Utah game, with the score tied at 0, and BYU with the ball on the 3 yard line decided to kick a FG. The morons started to boo, screaming "What good does a FG do you?!?" Annoyed, and after putting up with a season of comments just as stupid as that one, I snapped back "It gives you a 3-0 lead morons". That shut them up for a while, and about made the guy on the row in front of me who had them screaming in his ear all year long spit his hot chocolate on the rows in front of him. I should have known I was in for a long year when the first game the guy asked me "How many people does the stadium hold, like 100,000?"
The fans around me are pretty good this. Except for this kid with the biggest nose I have ever seen. He spends the whole game turned around talking to me, like we are friends. I just want to punch him in the beak.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:52 PM   #15
SCcoug

SCcoug is on a distinguished road

The guy sitting behind me not only says idiotic things, which is annoying, but he sounds like a voice actor from one of those toddler educational shows. It is very high and screechy.
SCcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:34 PM   #16
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

We've got a guy sitting about 5 rows behind us that annoys EVERYONE in our area. This big fat ass with a loud mouth. The only people who think he's funny are the other fatasses (Family I assume) sitting with him.

When you see him several fans groan out loud in hoping that maybe he won't be such a jackass this week.

He's one of those guys that's always screaming..."WATCH THE FAKE!" on every punt. He not only says that really loud,,,but he repeats it about 10 times. He finds something to bitch and moan about after EVERY single play. He was even doing this when we were up on UCLA 52-0. He's the typical moron that tries to think of some kind of smack talk to say and screams it at the top of his lungs actually thinking the opposing bench can hear even though we're a million rows up.

Even the old guy sitting in front of us who's mild mannered and very kind hates him. He turned around and said to my brother and I..."Boy I wish that loudmouth would just leave, he's ruining it for everyone here."

It takes everything in my power to try tuning the guy out. He's one of those guys who's so annoying and he can tell that NO ONE can stand him, so like that short fat chick that nobody likes, he decides to be louder and more annoying anyway knowing that he's making everyone irritated.

I've had to stop my brother about 20 times from turning around to tell the guy to "Shut the fuck up".

I hope he chokes on a hot dog next home game.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 10-14-2008 at 11:38 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:41 PM   #17
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
We've got a guy sitting about 5 rows behind us that annoys EVERYONE in our area. This big fat ass with a loud mouth. The only people who think he's funny are the other fatasses (Family I assume) sitting with him.

When you see him several fans groan out loud in hoping that maybe he won't be such a jackass this week.

He's one of those guys that's always screaming..."WATCH THE FAKE!" on every punt. He not only says that really loud,,,but he repeats it about 10 times. He finds something to bitch and moan about after EVERY single play. He was even doing this when we were up on UCLA 52-0. He's the typical moron that tries to think of some kind of smack talk to say and screams it at the top of his lungs actually thinking the opposing bench can hear even though we're a million rows up.

Even the old guy sitting in front of us who's mild mannered and very kind hates him. He turned around and said to my brother and I..."Boy I wish that loudmouth would just leave, he's ruining it for everyone here."

It takes everything in my power to try tuning the guy out. He's one of those guys who's so annoying and he can tell that NO ONE can stand him, so like that short fat chick that nobody likes, he decides to be louder and more annoying anyway knowing that he's making everyone irritated.

I've had to stop my brother about 20 times from turning around to tell the guy to "Shut the fuck up".

I think there is one in every section.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:47 PM   #18
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post

We had a guy last week that was about 3 rows up, but really loud. Everytime he talked people kept turning around becaue he was so loud. I turned around once and realized he had his head phones in listening to the game and he had no idea he was talking so loud.