cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 04:23 AM   #1
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road
Default I've been unfaithful

Danimal and I have been reading the last Harry Potter out loud to each other like we did with previous 6 books in the series. We were nearing the end tonight--had maybe 80 pages left--when he fell asleep. Well, do you really think I was going to just stop reading right then and there?

So I finished the book and he is still asleep. Do I tell him I cheated and pretend like nothing happened or do I fess up? Or do I wake him up and gloat that I know the ending and he still has 80 pages left to read?
marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 04:25 AM   #2
DirtyHippieUTE

DirtyHippieUTE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
Danimal and I have been reading the last Harry Potter out loud to each other like we did with previous 6 books in the series. We were nearing the end tonight--had maybe 80 pages left--when he fell asleep. Well, do you really think I was going to just stop reading right then and there?

So I finished the book and he is still asleep. Do I tell him I cheated and pretend like nothing happened or do I fess up? Or do I wake him up and gloat that I know the ending and he still has 80 pages left to read?
Awesome... Some laughing out loud, almost peed a little... Hilarious...
DirtyHippieUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 04:26 AM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post

Gloat while you have the chance, or secretly smile letting not quite in on the subject.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:40 AM   #4
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

So, you have managed to control your urge to read ahead for about 3500 pages (I don't know, I just estimated about 500 pages per book), and when you're in the home stretch, just when the stakes are the highest... you give into temptation. I am so disappointed in you.

Mike and I could never read the series aloud to each other. It would probably lead to a divorce.
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 04:59 PM   #5
danimal

danimal is an unknown quantity at this point

While I lay sleeping from a hard week's work, Marsupial lies in bed, having her way with Harry Potter. Right under my nose. In my own house. In my own bed.

I have since finished on my own. It would have been better together.
Tobias: You know, Lindsay, as a therapist, I have advised a number of couples to explore an open relationship where the couple remains emotionally committed, but free to explore extra-marital encounters.

Lindsay: Well, did it work for those people?

Tobias: No, it never does. I mean, these people somehow delude themselves into thinking it might, but...but it might work for us.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote