cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 06:38 PM   #21
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

your sincere effort to justify usa dropping atomic bombs on japan which left a genetical catastrophe plus plenty of instantaneous casulties is getting nowhere ,so you would better not follow that path any more .

[QUOTE=Archaea;101511]
You can outside of Islamic Renaissance point to no period when Islamic principles benefit man in general.QUOTE]

how could you possibly say that ..have you forgotten all those islamic astronomers ,mathematicians and physicians whose splendid books and discoveries have been benefiting western's universities in particular and ordinary people in general??

with great respect to scientific and economical/industiral efforts which have been done in western world to improve peopel's life ,i think itsnot islam's net effect which is currently harmful rather bully ness, injustice and unfairness which is gravely imposed on people and the world.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:47 PM   #22
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

[quote=mindfulcoug;101530]your sincere effort to justify usa dropping atomic bombs on japan which left a genetical catastrophe plus plenty of instantaneous casulties is getting nowhere ,so you would better not follow that path any more .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
You can outside of Islamic Renaissance point to no period when Islamic principles benefit man in general.QUOTE]

how could you possibly say that ..have you forgotten all those islamic astronomers ,mathematicians and physicians whose splendid books and discoveries have been benefiting western's universities in particular and ordinary people in general??

with great respect to scientific and economical/industiral efforts which have been done in western world to improve peopel's life ,i think itsnot islam's net effect which is currently harmful rather bully ness, injustice and unfairness which is gravely imposed on people and the world.
A) No one knew the long-term effects of radioactive fallout from atomic weapons until after we dropped the bombs.

B) Islamic societies contributed to the world from the years 800 to 1500 AD. Since then, Islamic societies have only taken from the world. Your nations contribute nothing useful or praiseworthy, with the exception of oil, rugs, and camel hair.

Last edited by SoonerCoug; 07-15-2007 at 06:53 PM.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:07 PM   #23
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

absolutely right ,since collapsing the world trade centers on 9/11 in a miraculous way they did ,was amazingly stimulating for many physics experts specially from harvard and yale to start researches to investigate whether such a thing is basically possible or not.
yeah..lets keep examining chemical bombs and weapons to see what other discoveries might be revealed..

you would better be nice with camels..i can see the day you would need them quite badly.

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 07-15-2007 at 07:11 PM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:22 PM   #24
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote=mindfulcoug;101530]your sincere effort to justify usa dropping atomic bombs on japan which left a genetical catastrophe plus plenty of instantaneous casulties is getting nowhere ,so you would better not follow that path any more .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

Did you miss my reference to the Islamic Renaissance?

From ninth century to about sixteenth century, but actually from about ninth to twelfth century, Islam contributed. In the modern era, its people are non contributing to the betterment of man.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:58 PM   #25
Whitney64

Whitney64 is on a distinguished road

I will soon wed a woman whose father having completed service in Europe was slated to as part of the first artilary division for the invasion of Japan had the invasion been continued WITHOUT the bomb. My own father, a Naval aviator, was also slated to fly fighter cover for the US Army during the planned invation, plans which were finally released under the FOIA a few years ago. Based on statistical probailities from that report, it is very ikely that one or both or those men would have lost their life without HIROSHIMA and NAGASAKI.

Let me be perfectly clear about your revisionist and pacifist ideals. They don't have meaning in the real world. They do have meaning in terms of who GOT to be born and who had fathers (or mothers) after the war was over. Thousands among generations of Japanese people were never born as the bomb ENDED their lines. Thousands of American lines were continued because the BOMB was dropped. I am here. They never were. I feel NO GUILT and NO SHAME over my presence.

I do feel complete and utter disgust when someone canot see the realities of war and when evil men make it and start it without counting the ultimate costs. AMERICA DID NOT START THE WAR ON ISLAM. It is however a war and we darn well better face the reality that if it's a fight they truly want to bring to us (as with 9/11) then it is a fight they better be prepared for and must be willing to accept that ultimately, we will not allow SATAN's plan of compulsory obsesience to survive, or any of his fallowers should they be so inclined to do us harm.

To quote the late apostle Bruce R. McConkie in his LAST public discourse and not long before drawing his own last mortal breath, "There is NO BUDDAH, there is NO CONFUCIOUS and there is NO ALLAH....."

SATAN demanded compulsory adhearance to his plan. He guaranteed GOD strict compliance and perfection. God said, "NO!" God clearly wanted us to choose to serve him and love him. Free Agency...there is none in ISLAM!

I was once very tolerant of ISLAM and I have many Muslim friends. But I am no longer tolerant of evil and it is truly an oppression and all such oppression that kills the light within it's people and destroys their hearts and returns to the bare and naked chest of men the work of hatred has no place in God's world. We should LOVE the people, but we must also see ISLAM for what it is, a shaken pillar of hate and deception. There was NO vision in the desert, only the delusions of a thirsty boy who found moisture and shelter from the sun in a cave.

Last edited by Whitney64; 07-15-2007 at 08:05 PM.
Whitney64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:26 PM   #26
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCoug View Post
B) Islamic societies contributed to the world from the years 800 to 1500 AD. Since then, Islamic societies have only taken from the world. Your nations contribute nothing useful or praiseworthy, with the exception of oil, rugs, and camel hair.
You say "Islamic societies" and then guage their value by what they contribute materially. In that sense what does any religion contribute? Zilch, except for this. Islam like Christianity was an important conduit or transmitter of the West's intellectual traditions, emanating from Classical culture. It was this element of "Islamic culture" that caused its flowering from 750 to 1500, not Islam per se. But the same is true for Western nations now. Ultimately certain religious leaders come along and are hell bent on snuffing out the intellectual tradition. They succeed in doing so through theocracies. Islam and Christianity are the same in this respect. This is what has happened in the Middle East today just as it happened in large swaths of the Europe in the Middle Ages.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:35 PM   #27
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitney64 View Post
I
To quote the late apostle Bruce R. McConkie in his LAST public discourse and not long before drawing his own last mortal breath, "There is NO BUDDAH, there is NO CONFUCIOUS and there is NO ALLAH....."
Bruce R. McConkie was an intellectual pretender and a racist. He was a terrible man whose writings have caused and continue to cause awful embarrassment and shame to the LDS Church. This statement is a perfect example (if he said it). It's nonsense and pure hate.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:44 AM   #28
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Bruce R. McConkie was an intellectual pretender and a racist. He was a terrible man whose writings have caused and continue to cause awful embarrassment and shame to the LDS Church. This statement is a perfect example (if he said it). It's nonsense and pure hate.
Perhaps he meant it that Buddah, Confucious and Allah are all different names for God?

It's your opinion that he is hateful, so don't state it as if it is fact. I think he was wrong about many things, but it's my opinion that he wasn't intending to be hateful.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:38 AM   #29
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitney64 View Post
I will soon wed a woman whose father having completed service in Europe was slated to as part of the first artilary division for the invasion of Japan had the invasion been continued WITHOUT the bomb. My own father, a Naval aviator, was also slated to fly fighter cover for the US Army during the planned invation, plans which were finally released under the FOIA a few years ago. Based on statistical probailities from that report, it is very ikely that one or both or those men would have lost their life without HIROSHIMA and NAGASAKI.

Let me be perfectly clear about your revisionist and pacifist ideals. They don't have meaning in the real world. They do have meaning in terms of who GOT to be born and who had fathers (or mothers) after the war was over. Thousands among generations of Japanese people were never born as the bomb ENDED their lines. Thousands of American lines were continued because the BOMB was dropped. I am here. They never were. I feel NO GUILT and NO SHAME over my presence.

I do feel complete and utter disgust when someone canot see the realities of war and when evil men make it and start it without counting the ultimate costs. AMERICA DID NOT START THE WAR ON ISLAM. It is however a war and we darn well better face the reality that if it's a fight they truly want to bring to us (as with 9/11) then it is a fight they better be prepared for and must be willing to accept that ultimately, we will not allow SATAN's plan of compulsory obsesience to survive, or any of his fallowers should they be so inclined to do us harm.

SATAN demanded compulsory adhearance to his plan. He guaranteed GOD strict compliance and perfection. God said, "NO!" God clearly wanted us to choose to serve him and love him. Free Agency...there is none in ISLAM!

I was once very tolerant of ISLAM and I have many Muslim friends. But I am no longer tolerant of evil and it is truly an oppression and all such oppression that kills the light within it's people and destroys their hearts and returns to the bare and naked chest of men the work of hatred has no place in God's world. We should LOVE the people, but we must also see ISLAM for what it is, a shaken pillar of hate and deception. There was NO vision in the desert, only the delusions of a thirsty boy who found moisture and shelter from the sun in a cave.
Your Caps Lock key seems to be jammed.
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:32 AM   #30
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
You say "Islamic societies" and then guage their value by what they contribute materially. In that sense what does any religion contribute? Zilch, except for this. Islam like Christianity was an important conduit or transmitter of the West's intellectual traditions, emanating from Classical culture. It was this element of "Islamic culture" that caused its flowering from 750 to 1500, not Islam per se. But the same is true for Western nations now. Ultimately certain religious leaders come along and are hell bent on snuffing out the intellectual tradition. They succeed in doing so through theocracies. Islam and Christianity are the same in this respect. This is what has happened in the Middle East today just as it happened in large swaths of the Europe in the Middle Ages.
So you're suggesting that Islamic societies are contributing something valuable to the world other than the meager material things that I mentioned?

America makes huge contributions to human knowledge and progress. Members of moderately religious (non-fanatical) subcultures contribute to that progress.

I would agree with you if you refer to fanatically religious people.

Islamic societies do not make any significant contribution to humanity's knowledge base.

Last edited by SoonerCoug; 07-16-2007 at 03:35 AM.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote