cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness

Old 07-03-2007, 03:03 AM   #21
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
I got depressed when I saw the challenge. A 5k for me in under 30 minutes is awesome and only been done a few times. But I need to get going again...
come on sizzle, that 29'29 is the best I have ever run (of course, the first 5K that I ever ran was about 2 months ago

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:36 AM   #22
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I am. Your times will probably crush me.
I don't know how many times I'm going to have to say it before everyone believes me...I am not fast. My marathon PR is 3:46. My half mary PR is 1:43. I'm typically in the top 15% at most races I run, but that's hardly earth shattering. I routinely get my butt kicked by old men, and young mothers pushing strollers. I'm just a hack, trying hard to keep from getting fat (again).
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:03 AM   #23
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
What did I miss while in Denver?

Is there a new CG running competition?
Yes, fastest 5k by the end of summer. Let me know your screen name and I'll invite you.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:05 AM   #24
SteelBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
How fast did you run? I don't want to participate if I have no chance at being respectable.

During my last episode, we ran fifteen with the last three being my 5K, and did it in 22 minutes and some seconds. So if that's not in the ballpark I guess I'll quite before I start. I don't have the time to just run a 5k.
My goal is to get into the 22 minute range by end of summer. Right now your time would put you in the lead by 2 minutes but runnercoug has only posted one run and he ran 24 miles the day before.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:22 PM   #25
nikuman

nikuman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewth8tr View Post
I'm just excited that nikuman recorded a time slower than me, so I'm not at the bottom of those with recorded times. I'm gonna run for the first time in a week tomorrow morning after finally getting my foot to feel better.
Hey, I'm quite proud of that time. It was after a 10 year break after making a 4500 gain in elevation. With practice, I'm pretty confident I get under 35 minutes, easy. Maybe I'll even do 1k of it without the 4wheeler.
nikuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #26
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
My goal is to get into the 22 minute range by end of summer. Right now your time would put you in the lead by 2 minutes but runnercoug has only posted one run and he ran 24 miles the day before.
In fairness, I probably have a little advantage, as running is in my blood. My sister ran track and CC for BYU, making second team AA one of her years in both sports. My brother is a national class triathlete. I'm the bum of the family, athletically speaking.

I also ran sub 17 once in college(it was downhill, but you don't have to know that). Now I haven't run sub 20 in many decades, but it would be fun if it didn't hurt so bad. During intervals this morning I ran six minute miles that made me puke. So sub twenty isn't coming any time soon. My days of fast running are behind me not in front of me. There are days when I struggle to do a 24 at the end of a long run as well. So with age, one's time is not as consistent.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:22 PM   #27
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney

I would like in, even though I don't have the nano yet. still working on that one.

I am running a 10 k tomorrow morning so I will cut that time in half.

Also I did a sprint tri earlier this year and the 5 k from that was 21:48, so at least I have a base time.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:59 PM   #28
SteelBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpiney View Post
I would like in, even though I don't have the nano yet. still working on that one.

I am running a 10 k tomorrow morning so I will cut that time in half.

Also I did a sprint tri earlier this year and the 5 k from that was 21:48, so at least I have a base time.
You're welcome to post your times here and we'll let you know where you stand. But until you get that Nano, no electronic trophy for you pal.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:13 PM   #29
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Have we ever figured out if you can have more than one user for the same nano?

After the death ride next week, I plan to lace on the old running shoes again after taking 6 months off and would like to use the Nike+ to track my running. If it will work, I will definitely want in.

BTW, is your challenge private? I was trying to look it up last night and couldn't find it.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:16 PM   #30
SteelBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
Have we ever figured out if you can have more than one user for the same nano?

After the death ride next week, I plan to lace on the old running shoes again after taking 6 months off and would like to use the Nike+ to track my running. If it will work, I will definitely want in.

BTW, is your challenge private? I was trying to look it up last night and couldn't find it.
1) Yes, you can have more than one user for the same nano, but you have to buy your own chip. What's $30 to a rich business owner like you though?

2) You have to be invited to see my challenge. I never posted it. Go buy the friggin' chip and let's get you in there.