cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness

Old 06-29-2007, 09:16 PM   #21
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
We're just hamburger compared to you guys. We hoped to give you guys some reasonable competition.
Somehow, I think that the fact that you have byupride on there who, unless he is now running without nano/nike+, has not run at all this week and then yardtime (enough said ), is not going to keep you guys from getting close, but it won't be enough

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:43 PM   #22
BEHIND ENEMY LINES

BEHIND ENEMY LINES is on a distinguished road
Default I feel your pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewth8tr View Post
I normally run 3 miles every morning, but last Saturday I decided to push myself and ran 10. I felt great until Saturday evening and started to have a sharp pain on the side of my foot. I iced it and took it easy the rest of the weekend, hoping it would go away, but it was still hurting whenever I put any weight on it yesterday. I took some ibuprofen and still ran yesterday, but I was paying for it later. I'm going to go see a sports medicine Dr, but from what I have found online, it seems like peroneal tendinitis since the pain it right where the peroneal tendon attaches to the bone on my foot. This sucks.
This exact thing happened to me last tuesday. I pushed myself and the outside of my left knee was screaming in pain. The next day when I ran I had a VERY sharp, pain on the outside of my left foot. Today I ran in the Taylorsville Days 5K and it was brutal. My wife beat me by almost a full minute. I'll never live that down. She placed in the top 10... so I guess I don't feel too bad. Someone at the race today told me that my foot injury was caused by my body compensating for my knee pain.
BEHIND ENEMY LINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:16 PM   #23
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEHIND ENEMY LINES View Post
This exact thing happened to me last tuesday. I pushed myself and the outside of my left knee was screaming in pain. The next day when I ran I had a VERY sharp, pain on the outside of my left foot. Today I ran in the Taylorsville Days 5K and it was brutal. My wife beat me by almost a full minute. I'll never live that down. She placed in the top 10... so I guess I don't feel too bad. Someone at the race today told me that my foot injury was caused by my body compensating for my knee pain.
ouch, that sounds a lot like what happened to me. My right knee had been bothering me a little bit for a few days, but nothing major. This morning, I had very little, of any, pain in my foot, so I am excited. I think I am going to try and run on monday and if all goes well, I think I will run the South Salt Lake/Navajo Hogan 5K on the 4th.

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:56 PM   #24
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewth8tr View Post
Somehow, I think that the fact that you have byupride on there who, unless he is now running without nano/nike+, has not run at all this week

Pride, where are you in our running challenge man? You and Nikuman have yet to register a 5k. Sizzle has been at Powell so he has an excuse.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote