cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness

Old 04-30-2007, 07:31 PM   #31
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
You are consuming more than half of your daily calories at dinnertime, but I've been told it is much better to do so at lunch, and then have a light dinner, that way your body has calories to burn during the day.
I've heard this before but in practice it is not so great to consume the bulk of my calories during lunch. The practical problems are:

- There is no time in the mornings to make larger entree-type dishes (i.e. that have more calories) that I can eat during lunch.
- My wife makes larger entrees for dinner so I could theoretically eat my little 300-calorie sandwich for dinner and then save the entree for lunch the next day; however, that means I'm eating re-heated leftovers for lunch every single day and never getting to eat something while it's fresh or hot off the grill or whatever. (NOTE: I don't have a problem with eating re-heated leftovers for lunch but the point is that I also get to eat them when they were fresh as well. I don't want to only eat leftovers.)
- I could minimize the leftover issue by eating out for lunch every day but eating out every day is too expensive and complicates the process of counting calories.
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote