cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 04:44 PM   #1
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default I am genuinely depressed from Cougarboard today.

One step forward for BYU in making its announcement of a policy change, two steps back for the students who post on CB.

This really is sad.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:49 PM   #2
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I missed it. What is the policy change?
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:54 PM   #3
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

You're being overly dramatic.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:59 PM   #4
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

I need to stay away from CB today. I already let K-dog get to me.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:04 PM   #5
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
You're being overly dramatic.
No, unfortunately I am not.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:08 PM   #6
FMCoug

FMCoug

You people never cease to amaze me. Homosexuality is WRONG! The Lord has said it and has been reaffirmed through his mouthpiece. If you have a problem with that, it is not with CougarBoarders, it is with the Lord and/or His Church.

I didn't see any posts today that displayed true bigotry or hatred towards gays. Please provide links if I missed some. But the gay movement and there liberal buddies equate any statement about homosexuality being wrong as "bigotry".
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:10 PM   #7
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
You people never cease to amaze me. Homosexuality is WRONG! The Lord has said it and has been reaffirmed through his mouthpiece. If you have a problem with that, it is not with CougarBoarders, it is with the Lord and/or His Church.

I didn't see any posts today that displayed true bigotry or hatred towards gays. Please provide links if I missed some. But the gay movement and there liberal buddies equate any statement about homosexuality being wrong as "bigotry".
You're from Texas, right?
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #8
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
You're from Texas, right?
Yes, what does that have to do with anything?
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #9
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
No, unfortunately I am not.
You guys take stuff you read on CB with too much liberal salt and I don't mean that in an insulting way.

I've mentioned many times I don't take very seriously what people say on an internet messaging board.

My genuine question on the topic is this: What genuinely do you propose? The church will never be accepting of the homosexual lifestyle/behavior. They never will. It isn't going to happen. Just like the church will never be accepting of a heterosexual acting out as well.

Yeah I know,,,everyone is gonna say,,,"But it's different for homosexuals because they are shunned",,,and I don't really disagree with that but I don't think that's an entirely accurate statement either.

You and most in the church who feel differently about homosexuality will never see eye to eye on the issue and the reason for that is because the crux of the matter is.....there are many who don't believe they are born that way,,,and others who believe they are born that, thus robbed of choice.

That is at the fundamental heart of the matter. If most agreed that it wasn't their choice then I think you'd see attitudes and opinions closer to yours and others with a liberal slant of things.

Me? I don't believe they're born that way. I believe that using that as an excuse for the challenge is a convenient way to absolve them of their accountability and believing that way doesn't make me a bigot towards homosexuals,,,it simply makes me have a different belief system. I'm a heterosexual, but I don't absolve myself of my choices that ended up in discipline in the past. I have a testimony of the reality of things and accept it.

I don't hate homosexuals and never have, but regardless of what I say, I'm sure many liberals will place my stance as a bigoted one and that's fine.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 04-17-2007 at 05:21 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:23 PM   #10
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

For those of us who are not on the LDS distribution list and can't bear to cast eyes on CB, "What is the freaking policy change!"

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote