cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 08:11 PM   #21
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

My opinions have nothing to do with a belief of infallibility when it comes to Law Enforcement, but thanks for the leap in irrational logic.

LOL....you guys get riled up awful easy.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:13 PM   #22
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
Wasn't o.J. Simpson's name Norberg in the Naked Gun Movies? I think this is more than just a coincidence.

BTW Rocky B. facts are facts no matter where they are reported. The spin on those facts are what can be constituted. When SOCal asks if you have anything specific to address the allegations made in the articles, you should address those allegations specifically, rather than attacking the messenger. If you can factually attack and disprove some of those facts then the source will lose credibility. A blanket assumption that all facts reported in a paper are false because of the viewpoint of the paper is erroneous.
Wow...an entire run-on sentence for my behalf. I'm honored.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:18 PM   #23
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

So now it's "toying" with me - you're admitting you have no legitimate arguments, right? Because by saying you're "toying" with me suggests that you're getting over on me on this issue - which doesn't mesh with your complete failure to answer my questions.

BTW, I don't take it personal, either. Although, I'd love to see you post boardmails of me calling you an idiot because you disagree with me. You're taking a little bit of liberty with what I actually said, I believe.

If all you're doing is "toying" with me, simply admit that you have no interest in addressing this issue, and we can agree that you will simply disregard out of hand everything that doesn't match your own prejudices.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug

Last edited by SoCalCoug; 12-19-2006 at 08:20 PM. Reason: More accurate word choice
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:24 PM   #24
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
So now it's "toying" with me - you're admitting you have no legitimate arguments, right? Because by saying you're "toying" with me suggests that you're getting over on me on this issue - which doesn't mesh with your complete failure to answer my questions.

BTW, I don't take it personal, either. Although, I'd love to see you post boardmails of me calling you an idiot because you disagree with me. You're taking a little bit of liberty with what I actually said, I believe.

If all you're doing is "toying" with me, simply admit that you have no interest in addressing this issue, and we can agree that you will simply disregard out of hand everything that doesn't match your own prejudices.
Actually I'm not taking a liberty...I'll post it.

Here ya go:

Date: 17 Dec 06 01:32 AM
Subject: RE: it's okay for you to have an affinity for

Do you not get it? It's not about the criminals here. The fact is, Arpaio is an evil piece of crap who takes his position (which he manages to keep in part by treating the criminals badly) and uses it for his personal benefit.

He is corrupt. His practices are so bad that his deputies keep killing people. He is a corrupt power monger. People who oppose him almost invariably find themselves investigated and/or arrested by his officers on trumped up charges. He misappropriates money. He's spending his time not being sheriff, but running around the party circuit trying to enjoy the high life.

Do you not understand that this is a bad guy? This is a black and white situation. He's got the black hat, but the masses (like you) love how he's tough on crime / criminals, and the politicos are either in his pay or targeted by him and his deputies.

You don't know the facts, and apparently you don't want to. If you know the facts and still think he's a good guy, you're an idiot.

By the way...I'm honored you'd write 3 whole new paragraphs in my honor. Really..I'm touched.

By the way,,,if you can find a post where I said the words. "Arapaio is a good guy" I'll give you 19358029358902583082 dollars in monopoly money.

Do I think it's funny how he treats his prisoners by making them wear pink underwear and eat bologna sandwiches while living in a tent under the 110 degree heat?

Hell yes I do. They've earned being treated that way.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 12-19-2006 at 08:27 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:40 PM   #25
SoCalCoug

I think you've just proven you have trouble with reading comprehension.

You've also proven you have no interest in a real discussion.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
Old 12-19-2006, 08:51 PM   #26
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I have given my opinion already. You are smart and can read.

I haven't attacked anyone..in fact if you guys want full and honest disclosure I'd be happy to show the boardmails of SoCal calling me an idiot because I disagree with him.

To be honest, it was fun toying with him. I don't take anything personal on here whether it be via boardmail or public....because only idiots do that. Right SoCal?
Apparently I'm less intelligent than I already believed as I have no idea why you support somebody as corrupt as that man.

Just because a source is sometimes disreputable doesn't mean it always is. There are other sources that discredit Arpaio.

Why are you ignoring his excesses?

That is my question.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:55 PM   #27
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Apparently I'm less intelligent than I already believed as I have no idea why you support somebody as corrupt as that man.

Just because a source is sometimes disreputable doesn't mean it always is. There are other sources that discredit Arpaio.

Why are you ignoring his excesses?

That is my question.
I voted for Sheriff Joe? Wow...I didn't know that. How did you get a hold of my voting records? Amazing connections you have.

I don't feel that treating rapists, murderers, drug dealers and sex offenders like the scum they are is excessive.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:58 PM   #28
SoCalCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I voted for Sheriff Joe? Wow...I didn't know that. How did you get a hold of my voting records? Amazing connections you have.

I don't feel that treating rapists, murderers, drug dealers and sex offenders like the scum they are is excessive.
Are you really this dense or are you still "toying" with us?

Old 12-19-2006, 09:02 PM   #29
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

SoCal, Rocky,

You two knock it off before I have to send you both to the principal's office.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:21 PM   #30
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
Are you really this dense or are you still "toying" with us?
It's a good thing you're not resorting to personal attacks.