cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

Old 10-04-2006, 09:48 PM   #41
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Easy there, Jay. I think you are over-reacting. If you want a perfectly sanitized board from an LDS perspective, go back to CB. (Wait a minute..... you can't do that).

If SU's posts are so illogical and inconsistent, it should be pretty trivial for you to expose them. And I am surprised that you are presumptious enough to so confidently describe his belief system (or lack thereof).

I think you are mischaracterizing SU. Sure, he likes to poke and prod and have fun with us from time to time, but I enjoy having him here. He is educated, articulate, and has a great sense of humor. I am far more offended by some of the insults and personal attacks (see above) tossed around here (ironically, in the name of righteous indignation) than by anything SU has said.

Nice post.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:11 PM   #42
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Easy there, Jay. I think you are over-reacting. If you want a perfectly sanitized board from an LDS perspective, go back to CB. (Wait a minute..... you can't do that).
Hey, that's a low blow!

Quote:
If SU's posts are so illogical and inconsistent, it should be pretty trivial for you to expose them.
You're right, they are.

Quote:
And I am surprised that you are presumptious enough to so confidently describe his belief system (or lack thereof).
It's not that doesn't have one, it's that it's constantly changing to whatever is convenient for the argument. I think this is more an issue with lawyers in general than just SU.

Quote:
I think you are mischaracterizing SU. Sure, he likes to poke and prod and have fun with us from time to time, but I enjoy having him here. He is educated, articulate, and has a great sense of humor. I am far more offended by some of the insults and personal attacks (see above) tossed around here (ironically, in the name of righteous indignation) than by anything SU has said.
You're entitled to his opinion of him. I think he's a Mormon-hating jerk, and you guys that buddy up to him do it because you think its cool and intellectual and artsy and liberal and edgy to befriend Mormon-hating jerks. My opinion of him has been formed for several years, by the way.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #43
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
...and you guys that buddy up to him do it because you think its cool and intellectual and artsy and liberal and edgy to befriend Mormon-hating jerks.
LOL. That's hilarious.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:23 PM   #44
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
LOL. That's hilarious.

thanks, i try.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:31 PM   #45
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
thanks, i try.
Heaven forbid somebody like somebody without an agenda.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:04 PM   #46
fuegote

fuegote

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug View Post
I agree with you on all counts. I would have loved to have a stadium in downtown SLC. That said, I think an arts district on Main Street would be far better for downtown than a soccer stadium at the fairgrounds. To have both would have been terrific, but sadly unrealistic.

Even so, Sandy isn't too far for soccer! Much better than Rochester...
I'm just happy I know I'm the dumbest poster on this board.... well.... minus the 'vine.

I would have loved to see both downtown (and i commute from Herriman) but you're right. I'm just happy to have the team anywhere, even though they have the dumbest Front Office in sports.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:18 PM   #47
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Mike or Arch, is there anyway to split this thread--taking out the posts that went off topic. I think this is something worth discussing and I would hate people to not contribute because they stopped on page 3 after the poop flinging contest began.

To whomever said office space is going quickly, is this office space in the new project or downtown SLC in general? Because I see a ton of lease signs up still and price per square foot was coming down in several areas.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:31 PM   #48
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
Mike or Arch, is there anyway to split this thread--taking out the posts that went off topic. I think this is something worth discussing and I would hate people to not contribute because they stopped on page 3 after the poop flinging contest began.

To whomever said office space is going quickly, is this office space in the new project or downtown SLC in general? Because I see a ton of lease signs up still and price per square foot was coming down in several areas.
Yeah, start a new thread. Is SeattleUte an unprincipled dick?

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:36 PM   #49
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
LOL. That's hilarious.
The funny thing is.....Santos is right.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:38 PM   #50
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Yeah, start a new thread. Is SeattleUte an unprincipled dick?
That would be an awfully short thread.