cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

Old 07-18-2008, 05:38 PM   #31
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by landpoke View Post
You're new here so I'm going to let you in on a secret: nobody pulls "We'll agree to disagree" out of their ass around here. We fight until the bitter bloody end, regardless of how stalemated, backed into a corner, right and/or wrong we are.

Get with the program.
Everyone in the oil business should be taken out back and shot; we should return to subsistence agriculture where the rhythms of the seasons and days dictated our lives. We were one with the rhythm of mother Earth. Where we went to bed with dirt under our fignernails, and a warm fire on the hearth. Our children learned to work b/c they worked beside us every day. There was no need for three hour 5 am bike rides because our lifestyle itself was physical. The streams were clean, and the fish healthy. The yoeman farmer: life in Eden.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:44 PM   #32
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
Everyone in the oil business should be taken out back and shot; we should return to subsistence agriculture where the rhythms of the seasons and days dictated our lives. We were one with the rhythm of mother Earth. Where we went to bed with dirt under our fignernails, and a warm fire on the hearth. Our children learned to work b/c they worked beside us every day. There was no need for three hour 5 am bike rides because our lifestyle itself was physical. The streams were clean, and the fish healthy. The yoeman farmer: life in Eden.
Thanks.

Screw you hippie. If you want to live like a filthy animal wallowing in your own waste with your life in the hands of capricious nature be my guest. Me, I'm happy to partake of the blessings bestowed upon us by mother oil.

P.S. I can smell your patchouli stink way out here in Wyoming. And get a damn haircut.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:45 PM   #33
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

So, do you live on a shaker farm and hang your chairs on the wall at night?
Old 07-18-2008, 06:19 PM   #34
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What I'm actually counting on is the free market, if you can't tell. I said nothign about command-and-obey policymaking (I said Gore was off his rocker). The market is finally giving us what we need, and we're responding as we should -- more Civics, fewer Expeditions; collapsing suburban home markets; burgeoning inner-city markets . . . But the changes have to be absolutely game-changing for America to stay dominant economically. We're draining away our wealth and future by funneling it overseas.
No, you want to choke the market. You're advocating arbitrary contraction of supply (among other things) based on your personal policy preferences.

I remember a few years ago nutty greenies pining for $5/gal gasoline because it would "force" the country to adopt more green policies. They are exceptionally dismayed that, now that we're there, the country is not going more green but demanding more oil.

I'm not opposed to alternative fuel research. I don't understand why environazis have to insist on suffocating our energy industry in the meantime.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:21 PM   #35
Levin

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
So, do you live on a shaker farm and hang your chairs on the wall at night?
LOL. The hardest part is having some fun with the mrs. in our one bedroom logger . . .
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Old 07-18-2008, 06:23 PM   #36
Levin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
No, you want to choke the market. You're advocating arbitrary contraction of supply (among other things) based on your personal policy preferences.

I remember a few years ago nutty greenies pining for $5/gal gasoline because it would "force" the country to adopt more green policies. They are exceptionally dismayed that, now that we're there, the country is not going more green but demanding more oil.

I'm not opposed to alternative fuel research. I don't understand why environazis have to insist on suffocating our energy industry in the meantime.
We only hit $100 + a barrel oil this year . . . Give the market time. Of course the first reaction would be more oil. But if this persists, and gets worse, you'll be eating your words. And have I ever said to artificially contract the oil market? I repeat: I want the market to work. If it does, we'll win in the end.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:24 PM   #37
Tex

Quote:
We only hit $100 + a barrel oil this year . . . Give the market time. Of course the first reaction would be more oil. But if this persists, and gets worse, you'll be eating your words. And have I ever said to artificially contract the oil market? I repeat: I want the market to work. If it does, we'll win in the end.
If you want the market to work, open up supply.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 07-18-2008, 06:25 PM   #38
Levin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
If you want the market to work, open up supply.
I want an efficient market . . . And on what that means, we won't agree.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:32 PM   #39
Tex

Quote:
I want an efficient market . . . And on what that means, we won't agree.
You said bringing new oil to market would not matter because (1) it would take a long time and (2) it isn't large enough to make an impact.

Whatever your definition of an "efficient market," you were wrong on both counts.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 07-18-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:27 PM   #40
T Blue

T Blue is on a distinguished road

That's what I love about Greenies, they all love to spew their BS about how we need to do this or do that, yet they have not a clue how to get started, only that someone needs to do somehting.

If there were to be l o n g term benefits to these so called sustainable energies someone would be investing some seriuous bank in them, how come it takes a hike in petroleum orices to get anyone to even really take a look at them, isn't that what free market is all about, making $$ off investments that people will utilize?

Some of you in here would make nice europeans, now just run along and do what the gov't tells you.
T Blue is offline   Reply With Quote