cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness

Old 03-14-2008, 05:14 PM   #1
FMCoug

FMCoug
Default This is getting ridiculous

So you remember the whole walking pneumonia thing right. Well the whole family was on z-pacs for the week and I felt fine towards the end of the week. Working out was gong well (walked 5 miles Sunday - Tuesday), went to work, etc.

On Tuesday afternoon I started a chest cough but it was not too bad. Got worse throughout the day on Wednesday and Wednesday night I had a fever and coughed all night. Went to work yesterday and by the time I got home I was seriously sick. Coughing, wheezing (I have asthma), fever, etc. Fever hovered around 103 most of the night last night. Finally broket at around 4 and I slept for several hours.

I also still have that pain in my right side I posted about a couple of weeks ago. Doesn't seem like it should have hung around this long if it was muscular.

The net of it, I called the pulmonologist and he said to go to the ER. And it sounded like he thinks I will be admitted. I will say this, this is the sickest I have ever been with the coughing/fever/asthma stuff. And I was almost admitted a couple of years ago.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:15 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

you probably got what I had. worst cold of my life.

i had so much drainage and coughing that I started throwing up repeatedly.

actually I didn't have a chest cough. maybe you have non-walking pneumonia.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:27 PM   #3
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe its just me, but I just simply demand that the cold leave my body and it does. I also think that the fact that I drink 6 Tab soda drinks a day probably just destroy any bacteria hiding in my body. Tab has saved my life.

Here is a video of FM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz6DktXFvg4

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."

Last edited by UteStar; 03-14-2008 at 05:29 PM.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote