cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2006, 04:34 PM   #1
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American
Default Protest at BYU

Here's something you don't see every day:

http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_3661938
Old 04-01-2006, 04:44 PM   #2
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

I love it. There were all standing in chalk circles. My little sister who is at BYU has a friend in BYUSA that there is more to this guy's firing than just the letter to the Universe. According to her, there is more the the story. But whatever.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:39 PM   #3
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Good for them I say! It will be interesting to see how this shakes out in the next few months. My favorite piece of the article was this however:

"Power derived from fear of punishment is wrong," protest organizer Ashley Sanders said after removing the duct tape.

Interesting sidenote for those who haven't read the article. Protest organizer Sanders is a granddaughter of the Late Neal A. Maxwell.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:15 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

strong will must run in her blood.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 04:11 AM   #5
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

The article I read in the Dnews said there was a guy with a sign that read: "While you're at it, let the girl from MTV's Real World back in too".

The guy with the sign was the brother of Julie from Real World.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 06:44 PM   #6
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur
The article I read in the Dnews said there was a guy with a sign that read: "While you're at it, let the girl from MTV's Real World back in too".

Julie is psycho. She used to come over and try to hook up with my roommate. But he wouldn't give her the time of day.

Interesting protest. Nothing new. Everyone knows BYUSA and the elections are a joke. They have no power at all and as stated by someone in the Trib article really are a glorified high school student council.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:52 AM   #7
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33
Quote:

Julie is psycho. She used to come over and try to hook up with my roommate. But he wouldn't give her the time of day.

Interesting protest. Nothing new. Everyone knows BYUSA and the elections are a joke. They have no power at all and as stated by someone in the Trib article really are a glorified high school student council.
Would you be comfortable if Julie's family knew about this rumor, and if your real name were attached to it? It sounds excactly like the kind of stupid thing someone might pass along at the equivalent of a Mormon frat party --

Dude... Julie, from the Real World, I TOTALLY could have banged her if I wanted to.

NO!

Yeah Dude. She was like totally coming over to my pad all the time, trying to get into my pants. She was one horny girl, but I went CTR all the way. Had to prepare for the mish. But I could have had Julie, if I had wanted her.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:40 PM   #8
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33
Quote:

Would you be comfortable if Julie's family knew about this rumor, and if your real name were attached to it? It sounds excactly like the kind of stupid thing someone might pass along at the equivalent of a Mormon frat party --

Dude... Julie, from the Real World, I TOTALLY could have banged her if I wanted to.

NO!

Yeah Dude. She was like totally coming over to my pad all the time, trying to get into my pants. She was one horny girl, but I went CTR all the way. Had to prepare for the mish. But I could have had Julie, if I had wanted her.
Would you like my name to forward to her family with my quote? And of all the girls I could have banged, Julie Stoffer never would make that list even if it were true. I have a reputation to uphold. :P

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote