cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness

Old 03-06-2008, 10:31 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for the "husky" guys

When I have gained weight in the past, I start to reach the point where my clothes are tight. Specifically my pants.

I don't buy pants or clothes. Ever. Occasionally I get some clothes for Christmas or my wife buys some.

So the idea of buying new clothes because I am too fat is a big turn-off. Time to lose some weight.

For those of you that gained 100lb or whatever, did you at some point say, "pants don't fit, time to buy new wardrobe". Or do you tend to buy clothes fairly often, so the bigger clothes just "creeped" into the closet gradually.

Cheapness keeps me non-fat.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:49 PM   #2
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
When I have gained weight in the past, I start to reach the point where my clothes are tight. Specifically my pants.

I don't buy pants or clothes. Ever. Occasionally I get some clothes for Christmas or my wife buys some.

So the idea of buying new clothes because I am too fat is a big turn-off. Time to lose some weight.

For those of you that gained 100lb or whatever, did you at some point say, "pants don't fit, time to buy new wardrobe". Or do you tend to buy clothes fairly often, so the bigger clothes just "creeped" into the closet gradually.

Too bad you don't wear hats.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:50 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

What do you fat guys like to be called? Husky?
Old 03-06-2008, 11:05 PM   #4
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

As I said before, my weight fluctuated from 175 to 210 over the course of a 10 year span. I am now back down in the 180 range. When my weight went up, my pants became too tight so I did buy a couple of new pairs of pants. Now that I am back to the weight I was before, i just switched back to my old pair of pants. I always wore big shirts, so even though I got bigger, the shirts, for the most part, still worked.

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:41 PM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

so Utestar, the pants weren't a fire line? the blaze jumped the line and kept on burning?
Old 03-06-2008, 11:57 PM   #6
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:

The former.

Quote:
What do you fat guys like to be called? Husky?
I prefer the term fat. I subscribe to the "call a spade a spade" mentality. means I call white people white, black people black, stupid people stupid, smart people smart, fat people fat, etc.
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:48 AM   #7
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

I gained a hundred pounds in about 4 years but only went up one pant size, so it has not been that big an issue.

But I had to buy a lot of shirts pretty much all at once. I decided that I was done gaining weight after that because I couldn't afford any more wardrobe changes, so I have kept losing and regaining the same 15 pounds since then.

I bounce between 225-240.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:01 AM   #8
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
I prefer the term fat. I subscribe to the "call a spade a spade" mentality. means I call white people white, black people black, stupid people stupid, smart people smart, fat people fat, etc.
Me too. I call myself fat all the time.

And I don't buy the postive mental attitude bullshit. I have had people say don't use the "F" word because that will derail your weight loss. What a crock. Maybe for the simple-minded. The same people that hypnotism works for.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:24 AM   #9
CJF

CJF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
The former.

This is the reason I refer to myself as a short fat white guy. I used to use it to pick up chicks. And now you know why it took me 34 years and moving to the Philippines for me to find someone that it worked on.
CJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:00 AM   #10
MikeWaters
Demiurge

My wife tells me that my original post was rude. But I told her that it wasn't because I was including myself in the husky group given that I too reach the crossroads of pants real tight. She doesn't buy it.