cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

Old 02-28-2008, 10:54 PM   #31
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
Yikes! We didn't live too far from the Hickory Ridge Mall. And my favorite restaurant anywhere just so happens to be across from the mall. I hope it's OK. Glad to hear you and myboy are safe.
I was just over there this afternoon to buy some real Japanese rice (koshihikari) at the Oriental Market. Chao Praya is next door and it did survive. They must be living right.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:29 AM   #32
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
I was just over there this afternoon to buy some real Japanese rice (koshihikari) at the Oriental Market. Chao Praya is next door and it did survive. They must be living right.
That's good to hear. One of these days we're going to make the 3 hour drive and go eat there again. So, did you stop in and have some Pad Prik or some Mussaman Curry while you were in the neighborhood?
marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:56 AM   #33
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Here we go again. One tornado seen in Marianna, 40 miles west of Memphis, and another seen in Covington, 35 miles north. Get Toto into the cellar already!
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:10 AM   #34
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey myboynoah, your firstborn's school's prom was just announed canceled.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:27 AM   #35
myboynoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
Hey myboynoah, your firstborn's school's prom was just announed canceled.
Yeah, I think she was relieved. She really doesn't like the guy all that much.

Crazy weather here.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:28 AM   #36
myboynoah

Oh, keep your shoes on.

Old 05-11-2008, 01:55 AM   #37
myboynoah

Power went out, then back on, then out again. Now it's back on. Raining like hades, so the DirecTV signal is out.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:04 AM   #38
myboynoah

I don't think I've ever seen it rain this hard in my life.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:08 AM   #39
myboynoah

Looks like they're getting hit pretty hard south of us in Northern Mississippi. TV is back on. Still keeping my shoes on.