cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

Old 11-12-2007, 09:40 PM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
To my knowledge, Vegas doesn't have gayborhoods, though I understand they exist in other areas. Now somebody may point out where they exist, but I haven't really focused upon that concept.
http://gayghettos.com/regional-lists.htm

Oak Cliff in Dallas, noted for its production of div 1A football talent, is one of these neighborhoods.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:40 PM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
I'm not sure what the donation nonsense has to do with it but what I hate is the effort to silence those with differing viewpoints. I like my neighborhood, I like my neighbors. The homosexuals in my neighborhood have not created the value in the neighborhood. The value was created by LDS families long ago and by the incredible proximity to downtown. What they have created in the Avenues and in other areas is an environment that is increasingly hostile to non-HGLBTC lifestyle friendly peoples.
Is this a joke? The entire BeeHive state is currently operated under the unofficial mantra of silencing those with differing viewpoints. Why get upset when homosexuals want to get in on the alienation game in Utah?

It isnt a gay man's job to increase your property values. In Utah, you increase your property values by purchasing elaborate wicker crafts for your doors and porches, as well as digging a hole in your backyard for your trampoline. Also, leave lots of kiddie toys all over your yard that has no fence so that everyone can see it from 2 blocks away.

Similarly, if you want to create value in your neighborhood, sell your C class and buy an E. Or at least "re-badge" your C so visitors can see how wealthy the area is. You blame the gays but in reality, your logo-less vehicle is what is bringing down property values.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:41 PM   #13
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
More about gays and gentrification:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentrification
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_village

The process is going on in Dallas as gays have moved to an impoverished area in South Dallas, have reinvigorated an art district, etc.
I get your comments now. You don't know enough about the neighborhoods to comment on the subject specifically so you throw out a generality from an article you've read and then try to force others to think what you know about is what is happening.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:42 PM   #14
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post

funny how that works. Apparently you've had a different experience. One that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, but who am I to argue with your experience? Assuming that is what you're basing that comment on.
I learned from TripletDaddy that I can't argue against experience.

I guess K-dog wins then, because he has the most experience.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:43 PM   #15
smokymountainrain

smokymountainrain is on a distinguished road

Quote:

just not sure why you think gay neighbors are about as good as you can do in terms of neighbors.

What makes a gay neighbor better than a straight neighbor or a black neighbor or a bi neighbor, etc..?
smokymountainrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:44 PM   #16
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Is this a joke? The entire BeeHive state is currently operated under the unofficial mantra of silencing those with differing viewpoints. Why get upset when homosexuals want to get in on the alienation game in Utah?

It isnt a gay man's job to increase your property values. In Utah, you increase your property values by purchasing elaborate wicker crafts for your doors and porches, as well as digging a hole in your backyard for your trampoline. Also, leave lots of kiddie toys all over your yard that has no fence so that everyone can see it from 2 blocks away.

Similarly, if you want to create value in your neighborhood, sell your C class and buy an E. Or at least "re-badge" your C so visitors can see how wealthy the area is. You blame the gays but in reality, your logo-less vehicle is what is bringing down property values.
Who said it was their job to create property values? Not me. I said I didn't want them trying to stifle the social and political environment. Mike wanted to talk about them "raising values" of property in my neighborhood. Maybe you should practice reading more of the posts before you start commenting and demonstrating your ignorance of the subject.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:45 PM   #17
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I think gays in SLC are probably more accurately hostile to those that are hostile to them.

You claim persecution K-dog, but I don't believe it. Not for one lousy second.

I bet you anything I could buy your house (assuming that suddenly my salary quintuples of course, who can afford anything you can afford?) and after a year I would be very puzzled about this supposed persecution.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:45 PM   #18
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
just not sure why you think gay neighbors are about as good as you can do in terms of neighbors.

What makes a gay neighbor better than a straight neighbor or a black neighbor or a bi neighbor, etc..?
Gentrification. Do I need to explain what that is?
Old 11-12-2007, 09:47 PM   #19
Brian

Brian has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:

48% of gays work in tin foil factories.
free foil.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:48 PM   #20
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:

Admittedly, my position is pretty extreme. Those avec may know more than those sans. Where did I get that crazy idea?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote