cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness

Old 09-10-2007, 05:05 PM   #1
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dropping the weight...

Ok, I began to pick up again in losing weight. If some of you recall, at the beginning of the year, I weighed in at 212 pounds. I am 5'11". So, you could tell my sexiness was going out the window.

I lost a bunch of that weight and got down to around 192 or so by the beginning of May. I decided to not be so strict on everything and held steady for a couple of months (gained 1 pound back by the middle of August). Well, back to being strict and I am now in at 186 pounds. My frame can take this weight OK, but I still plan on losing another 10 pounds or so by the end of October.

Not a lot of rocket science to this all...I am now running or walking around 20 miles a week, cut out the candy and I don't eat huge lunches. There are a few other things that have gone into it but those are the main things. It is amazing how easy a few pounds can creep on you and keep on piling on. Before last year, my highest weight was around 190. 200 is not a number I want to see again.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:13 PM   #2
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
There are a few other things that have gone into it but those are the main things.

More sex?
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:17 PM   #3
DirtyHippieUTE

DirtyHippieUTE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I weighed in at 212 pounds. I am 5'11". So, you could tell my sexiness was going out the window.
I'm... 5'11" 250 and STILL the sexiest bitch in Moscow, ID baby!
Old 09-10-2007, 09:25 PM   #4
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHippieUTE View Post
I'm... 5'11" 250 and STILL the sexiest bitch in Moscow, ID baby!
This is all you need to know about Moscow.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:22 PM   #5
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I reached my goal of getting another 10 pounds knocked off...I am sitting at 176 right now. I thought that I was done, but I want to get down to 170 before Thanksgiving. So far, I have lost 36 pounds. If I can lose 40+, I would be pleased.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:36 PM   #6
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Congratulations. I'm on the other end of things. I'm working on getting back the 10 lbs. I dropped in Mexico, and the additional 5 I lost when I got sick. I thought I was at a very good weight before, and I'm not pleased with this latest little turn of events.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:00 PM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
Congratulations. I'm on the other end of things. I'm working on getting back the 10 lbs. I dropped in Mexico, and the additional 5 I lost when I got sick. I thought I was at a very good weight before, and I'm not pleased with this latest little turn of events.
braggart.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:10 PM   #8
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm back on the bandwagon to losing weight. I'm drinking more water and eating smarter.. it's too freaking cold to ride my bike in the mornings so i'm going to go start running. I'm back up to 182 and would like to be at 175 before the year is over. Thanks for allowing me to share me hopes and dreams.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #9
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Ok, I began to pick up again in losing weight. If some of you recall, at the beginning of the year, I weighed in at 212 pounds. I am 5'11". So, you could tell my sexiness was going out the window.

I lost a bunch of that weight and got down to around 192 or so by the beginning of May. I decided to not be so strict on everything and held steady for a couple of months (gained 1 pound back by the middle of August). Well, back to being strict and I am now in at 186 pounds. My frame can take this weight OK, but I still plan on losing another 10 pounds or so by the end of October.

Not a lot of rocket science to this all...I am now running or walking around 20 miles a week, cut out the candy and I don't eat huge lunches. There are a few other things that have gone into it but those are the main things. It is amazing how easy a few pounds can creep on you and keep on piling on. Before last year, my highest weight was around 190. 200 is not a number I want to see again.
i like the idea of putting up a number for the amount of miles ran/walked each week. for someone who doesn't run or walk often, what is a good weekly goal for someone like me? i'm guessing maybe a realistic goal would be 10 miles? is that enough? if anything it will put me in the right mind set and help me stay focused..
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:17 PM   #10
venomous viper

venomous viper is on a distinguished road
Smile congrats on the weight loss

Being a pro at weight, both up and down, it is a pain in the butt to work on. NO CRUISES!!!! Or the weight will return. Pound a day!!!
venomous viper is offline   Reply With Quote