cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness

Old 08-20-2007, 12:59 AM   #11
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure how much I'll be able to improve on my time, but I've been going the long slow route for the last month trying to get my miles up for the CB Challenge and we have a bye week this week, so I am going to work on my speed.

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:24 PM   #12
ewth8tr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewth8tr View Post
I'm not sure how much I'll be able to improve on my time, but I've been going the long slow route for the last month trying to get my miles up for the CB Challenge and we have a bye week this week, so I am going to work on my speed.
still not very fast, but I just knocked another minute off my time to get me down to 26:43.

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:56 PM   #13
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
still not very fast, but I just knocked another minute off my time to get me down to 26:43.
Nice. That's about 3 minutes now isn't it? Very impressive for a couple of months training.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:09 AM   #14
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Heads up fellas. I have it on good word that a ringer from CG is getting ready to apply for admittance into the 5K challenge. With only a week to go, nonetheless. I think my bronze medal is quickly slipping out of my grasp.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:38 AM   #15
ewth8tr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Nice. That's about 3 minutes now isn't it? Very impressive for a couple of months training.
Yeah, I just looked it up and my first 5K run in the challenge was 29:33. I had never in my life run a full mile before I started running in April and my first full 5K I did was 34:15 on 5/18.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:45 AM   #16
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
Heads up fellas. I have it on good word that a ringer from CG is getting ready to apply for admittance into the 5K challenge.
I'm too tired and sore to care.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:43 AM   #17
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Heads up fellas. I have it on good word that a ringer from CG is getting ready to apply for admittance into the 5K challenge. With only a week to go, nonetheless. I think my bronze medal is quickly slipping out of my grasp.
Crap. Is Archaea going to run it in a sling and crush my time?
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:08 PM   #18
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Well I gave it the old college try this morning and turned in a 23:42. I didn't have a whole lot left at the end, which was frustrating seeing SteelBlue within reach with a mile to go and not being able to do a darn thing about it.

I may try again on a different course later in the week, but I think Steel may go wire to wire on this challenge.

Any ideas for a new CG challenge?
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:18 PM   #19
ewth8tr

Quote:
Well I gave it the old college try this morning and turned in a 23:42. I didn't have a whole lot left at the end, which was frustrating seeing SteelBlue within reach with a mile to go and not being able to do a darn thing about it.

I may try again on a different course later in the week, but I think Steel may go wire to wire on this challenge.

Any ideas for a new CG challenge?
I say we do some sort of distance challenge this time, at least that is something I might be able to compete in

Old 08-27-2007, 07:25 PM   #20
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I say we do some sort of distance challenge this time, at least that is something I might be able to compete in
I'd like not to have to use a Nike as I object to all things Nike. Go with Garmin times.