cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2008, 04:44 PM   #1
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How would I pull this off?

Thats what she said! Ok, I will quit talking to myself.

I have a lawn that has automatic sprinklers and then I have our driveway next to it and on the other side of the driveway is another patch of grass. That side of the driveway does not have a sprinkler system so I would have to hand water it. Any idea on how to connect my current automatic system with that patch of ground that does not have it? Do they have a system to go under our driveway and come out the other end to install the sprinklers there and if so, is this rather expensive? Thanks for any thoughts.

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:53 PM   #2
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
Thats what she said! Ok, I will quit talking to myself.

I have a lawn that has automatic sprinklers and then I have our driveway next to it and on the other side of the driveway is another patch of grass. That side of the driveway does not have a sprinkler system so I would have to hand water it. Any idea on how to connect my current automatic system with that patch of ground that does not have it? Do they have a system to go under our driveway and come out the other end to install the sprinklers there and if so, is this rather expensive? Thanks for any thoughts.
Boy, Utestar. If this qualifies you to post under the fitness and exercise forum, I think its time to dust off the the old running shoes and get back into shape.

If this is a serious question, then yes, its a piece of cake. They make hose attachments that will basically bore a hole through the dirt under the driveway, allowing you to run some PVC pipe through to tie into your existing line. The hardest part is the trench work on the other side of the driveway to put in the new piping. Just make sure that the line that you would be tying into has plenty of pressure to support 3 or 4 (or however many) additional sprinkler heads.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:57 PM   #3
UteStar

Holy crap, I am an idiot. I don't know how this newfangled technology works in posting in appropriate categories. Mike--can you switch this over to the Home improvement forum? Thanks for the thoughts BG, is this expensive to hire a company to do this for me?

Old 04-29-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
Holy crap, I am an idiot. I don't know how this newfangled technology works in posting in appropriate categories. Mike--can you switch this over to the Home improvement forum? Thanks for the thoughts BG, is this expensive to hire a company to do this for me?
I would imagine that you could hire a landscaping company to do it for $300-400. The biggest part would be the time spent with trenching, as actually laying the pipe and connecting into the existing line would take minutes.

For a shareholder in the Dubai Burj Al Arab hotel like yourself, you probably have this much in change in your car's ash tray.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #5
UteStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
For a shareholder in the Dubai Burj Al Arab hotel like yourself, you probably have this much in change in your car's ash tray.
Actually, its not in the ashtray...I usually just keep excess cash lying around, under the seat or in the cupholders. I will scrounge around and see if I can come up with it...I know for a fact that I have a $100 bill crumpled in the trunk somewhere. And I do have a gold coin in my glove box, I think.