cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Outdoor / Scouting / Survival
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 11:41 PM   #11
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Bloody hell, listen to yourself:

"tedioius and uncomfortable"? With all due respect, you sound like Paris Hilton.

You need to grow a pair and venture outside the country club just a bit. I am sure K-Dog Jr. will have a generally sweet life cruising around in the back of daddy's "de-badged" Mercedes sucking on a silver spoon. But if the kid is afraid to go on a hike, do a little fly-fishing, or rappel down a cliff, then he is going to be a pussy too. And all the Gucci leather in the world won't compensate for that.
You seem to think it takes some amount of courage to hike, catch a fish, or rappel down a cliff. Seems to me that since I find those activities tedious and you think they take courage you must be the pussy. I'm not the one who needs courage to stand in a stream and pull a fish out.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:45 PM   #12
K-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Step 1: Pull the string.

Step 2: Admit to being a pussy.

How are you a pussy you ask? Because you place entirely too high a preference to creature comforts and you don't get either an adrenaline rush or an erection when you end the life of a living creature. Personally, I have admitted I prefer golfing more than hunting and like you I needed help to get the ol wife knocked up, but I still catch wood when I end another creature's mortal existence through the use of treble hooks or shotgun shells or .246 bullits.

Maybee we are both gay, but I don't live in the Avenues...
Killing is something you do when you need to. I don't chase a deer around in the woods but I've killed an injured one with a tire tool. Who's the pussy now? Anyone can kill with a gun...try walking up to a deer thrashing around with broken back and braining it with a tire iron.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
Old 10-31-2007, 11:51 PM   #13
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
Going hunting is about as courageous (and useful) as killing a cow in a field. I'm not a big fan of the practice. I'm also not a camper, but don't mind doing it on occasion. I see the appeal, and feel it's occasionally useful to remind us that we're just as fragile as any other animal when not inside the bubble of civilization. I've also had some great star-gazing experiences while camping, but don't really think back on my experiences as being "fun." Camping and hunting don't seem nearly difficult enough to justify calling someone a pussy who doesn't enjoy them, particularly since it seems that many of the most manly campers are the ones going to groomed campgrounds complete with outhouses.
Look I did not make up the english language. If you don't like me calling someone a pussy for publicizing pussylike attributes, take it up with Noah and his gang.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:52 PM   #14
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
I was thinking last night, looking at my infant son, that the day is not far distant when he will want to go camping. He will want to sleep out in the woods with the animals and the bugs, on a bed made of rocks and roots, in a sleeping bag that is always too hot or too cold. He will be excited to eat a poorly cooked dinner over an open campfire made of meat that has been in the danger zone too long and some type of burnt starch. He will wander around in the Utah mountains with others his own age who are equally senseless with regards to reasonable safety. If you haven't guessed it, I hate camping. I don't fish, I don't hunt, I don't hike, I don't cross country ski, I don't rock climb, I don't "boulder." I don't do any of these things because I find them boring, tedious, and uncomfortable. Now we come to my problem. I don't want to ruin any of these things for my son if he likes them. Invariably, I expect that will lead me to many of these, imo, useless and lame activities and I will have to portray a neutral countenance to prevent my dislike from tainting my son's opinions. Are there other dads out there who have faced this challenge and succeeded? Did you camp with your son? Did you find a way to enjoy it?
OK, if calling you a pussy isn't motivation enough, think about the other boys calling your boy a pussy. You want your kid out there bonding with the others, eating dirt in his food, burning himself, freezing his peter off, and farting in the tent. I've found 11-year-old campouts to be fun and rewarding, to get to see my son interact with the others and realize he's going to be okay.

One suggestion: bring your own tent and let the boys sleep together in one big one; you'll sleep better.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:58 PM   #15
K-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
OK, if calling you a pussy isn't motivation enough, think about the other boys calling your boy a pussy. You want your kid out there bonding with the others, eating dirt in his food, burning himself, freezing his peter off, and farting in the tent. I've found 11-year-old campouts to be fun and rewarding, to get to see my son interact with the others and realize he's going to be okay.

One suggestion: bring your own tent and let the boys sleep together in one big one; you'll sleep better.
Not worried about my son in that regard. I didn't start getting called a pussy until I got online.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
Old 10-31-2007, 11:59 PM   #16
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Look I did not make up the english language. If you don't like me calling someone a pussy for publicizing pussylike attributes, take it up with Noah and his gang.
Ok that was funny. It seems like "pussylike attributes" might be something less than an objective measure, but I'll give you a pass on that one.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:13 AM   #17
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

For the record:

- I hate camping
- Never been hunting (but I've shot guns plenty of times)
- Too fat to rock climb
- Too fat to hike
- Too fat to cycle

If that makes me a pussy, then so be it.
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:16 AM   #18
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
For the record:

- I hate camping
- Never been hunting (but I've shot guns plenty of times)
- Too fat to rock climb
- Too fat to hike
- Too fat to cycle

If that makes me a pussy, then so be it.
Brad Pitt is your avatar.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 01:15 AM   #19
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Things I like about camping:

1. Camraderie with friends.
2. Challenge of cooking on campouts (about the only time I ever care to cook).
3. Getting and using cool gear to make my life easier on campouts. If you are uncomfortable on your campout, then you didn't plan enough.
4. I like challenges, I like to push myself, a little bit of suffering gives me a hard-on.

I camp once a month and have camped more than 30 nights in the past year and a half.

It's great.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:19 AM   #20
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Brad Pitt is your avatar.
That's because Brad and I are identical twins. We were separated at birth.

P.S. Elvis is your avatar
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote