cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 02:52 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who's running now?

Season is basically over with injury and all, but I might slip into a tri or half marathon for workout purposes.

Anybody doing the Vegas whole or half?
Old 10-18-2007, 04:19 PM   #2
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

I've been running 12-20 miles per week for the past couple of months. Steelblue and I have been meeting 2-3 days per week at 5:30am to run about 6 miles and then I usually sneak in one more day somewhere in there.

I've entertained the idea of doing a half marathon sometime this winter or early spring if I can find one that works. We have a local 1/2 and full marathon in January, but it is on a Sunday and that doesn't really work for me.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:02 PM   #3
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Season is basically over with injury and all, but I might slip into a tri or half marathon for workout purposes.

I'm trying to get back into running after recovering from the tendinitis, but I've been having a hell of a time since my work schedule changed from coming in at 9 to coming in at 730. Once my kids soccer games are through, I'm going to try and see if I can go back to 9 am so I will have time to run in the morning.

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:16 PM   #4
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm running with bluegoose a couple times a week and then once on my own if I'm feeling good. I'm as pain free as I've been in a year and I don't want to mess that up. This 12-18 miles a week thing seems perfect for me right now. Like goose, I'd like to try a half in the next 6 months but I don't have one in mind. You are all cordially invited to Redding to join us in the annual Turkey Trot of 6 miles. It'll be my first year running it. Goose is an old pro.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:25 PM   #5
Archaea

First weekend in December has a full and half marathon in Vegas. I might jog that.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:34 PM   #6
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I ran the NLVM in '05 and '06, and won't be doing it again until Devine pulls their heads out. I can't imagine a race more poorly organized than it was last year. They even screwed up placing the mile markers. Some of them were as much as 3/4 of a mile off. The race director sent us an email about a month afterwards apologizing for what a disaster it was, and promising they'll fix it. If they do, I'll do it again next year.

http://www.marathonguide.com/races/M...7061210&Page=5
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:37 PM   #7
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
I ran the NLVM in '05 and '06, and won't be doing it again until Devine pulls their heads out. I can't imagine a race more poorly organized than it was last year. They even screwed up placing the mile markers. Some of them were as much as 3/4 of a mile off. The race director sent us an email about a month afterwards apologizing for what a disaster it was, and promising they'll fix it. If they do, I'll do it again next year.

http://www.marathonguide.com/races/M...7061210&Page=5
They have fixed it as they hired a person to re-route it and recertify it. I know, because my wife was one of the measurers.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:05 AM   #8
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
They have fixed it as they hired a person to re-route it and recertify it. I know, because my wife was one of the measurers.
Good. I'll be interested to see how this year goes. The mile markers were just one of maaaany problems last year. A group of pre-schoolers could have organized a better race.

I really hope they get it fixed, because I loved running it in '05. Last year...not so much.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:31 PM   #9
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

After being sick, I'm trying to get back on my running schedule. The only problem is, it's hard to gauge how I am doing because I run with a jogging stroller. My muscles tire out before I get a good cardio workout in, my arms get stiff from holding them in a fixed position, and I catch myself leaning on the stroller sometimes when I'm tired. I'm not sure how effective running with a stroller is, but I was really getting sick of the treadmill.

Anyway, the plan was to do the 8 mile Turkey trot (if we're in town), and a half sometime in December or February.
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:17 PM   #10
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
Good. I'll be interested to see how this year goes. The mile markers were just one of maaaany problems last year. A group of pre-schoolers could have organized a better race.

I really hope they get it fixed, because I loved running it in '05. Last year...not so much.
I've half convinced myself to jog the half.