cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 05:34 PM   #1
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Tookie's books...

Has anyone here ever actually read these?

From another board:

Quote:
Not to beat a dead horse (which was probably not in good taste to say, under the circumstances) but I found out today that Tookie Williams' books were in our school library. My principal's sister was murdered in 1992 by one of Tookie's disciples, and is in San Quentin for life. He was livid when he found out those books were there, and went and took them away immediately. I looked at a couple, and was even more convinced that Tookie's idea of reform and mine are very different.

The first half of each book (about 10 pages) is basically a how-to. He tells how to sniff glue, and how it makes you feel good, and some of the other things you can do to get high. There are pictures on everypage, making it all look like a lot of fun. Then, in the last few pages, he tells the kids not to do it. There was one on self-esteem, which talks about how having friends and doing bad stuff with them makes you feel good. Then he says it was a bad thing to do, and he's sorry. They're all like that.
If true, wow. If not, please feel free to debate.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote