cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 11:13 PM   #1
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I worked up a page for tracking 5k times

I don't know if anyone would want to use it, but I threw something together really quick. I guess basically, it would be an ongoing thing, where the fastest times would be posted, and you can take a shot at them whenever you want.

I'm not smart enough to program a form that will automatically post something to the page after you submit it, so the submissions are saved in a database that I can check every once in a while, and update the page every few days if there are new times.

The page is at http://www.shaneb.net/times.html Keep in mind, it's just a rough draft.

I put 5k, 10k and half marathon on there. Check it out, and if people want to do it, we could pick a start date, and all times after that date would be posted. Each distance will have the 3 fastest times listed.

I guess just respond in this thread and let's see how many are interested.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:19 PM   #2
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in, and thanks for putting that together. You always do a great job on these things.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:58 AM   #3
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Great idea Runner...but how about putting in the top 10 times for each distance? That way, we can see where people are at and what you can shoot for. I guess unless someone is embarrassed by their time, but I am assuming that over 10 people are trying so there is no reason to feel silly about your times...I don't know, thoughts?
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
Runner Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
Great idea Runner...but how about putting in the top 10 times for each distance? That way, we can see where people are at and what you can shoot for. I guess unless someone is embarrassed by their time, but I am assuming that over 10 people are trying so there is no reason to feel silly about your times...I don't know, thoughts?
That would be fine with me.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:14 PM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

We can also post here as well as with Runner.

Check sticky.

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11315
Old 08-31-2007, 07:57 PM   #6
Runner Coug

Well, I guess Sept. 1st is as good a day as any to start keeping track. Go to the web page and report your times for 5k, 10k and 1/2 marathons. I'll post the top 10 for each distance. It'll just be an ongoing thing until we get sick of it, I guess.

I don't have any time to make the page look any better, so it'll be bare bones for awhile. When I get a minute, I'll spruce it up a bit.

I think we all pretty much know each other's paces, but just in case someone decides to call BS on any time that is reported, be prepared to offer some proof.

http://www.shaneb.net/times.html
Old 08-31-2007, 10:58 PM   #7
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
Well, I guess Sept. 1st is as good a day as any to start keeping track. Go to the web page and report your times for 5k, 10k and 1/2 marathons. I'll post the top 10 for each distance. It'll just be an ongoing thing until we get sick of it, I guess.

I don't have any time to make the page look any better, so it'll be bare bones for awhile. When I get a minute, I'll spruce it up a bit.

I think we all pretty much know each other's paces, but just in case someone decides to call BS on any time that is reported, be prepared to offer some proof.

http://www.shaneb.net/times.html
Can we keep our best times from my challenge?
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 02:23 AM   #8
Runner Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Can we keep our best times from my challenge?
Yeah, that's a good idea. I'm posting from my phone and I cant get nike+ to pull up on it, so if someone wants to post what the times are before the challenge ends, i'll put them in when i get home tues. i dont know if we can still see the times after the challenge ends.