cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
smokymountainrain

smokymountainrain is on a distinguished road
Default Quick question re: Prop 8

As this is a message board anybody can chime in, but my question is directed mainly towards temple recommend holders (those who sustain the prophet and apostles as prophets, seers and revelators).

Also, I apologize if this has been brought up in other threads or posts - if it has, I missed it and still want to know.

On this prop 8 issue, if I were in CA, I would definitely lean towards a no on 8 vote.

My dilemma...President Monson, his counselors and the Quorum of the Twelve are obviously very serious about this issue. They are telling church members to not only vote yes on 8, but go out of their way to support yes on 8.

If President Monson and the other 14 prophets, seers and revelators feel so strongly that Californians should vote yes on prop 8, is it possible that they are telling us God's will on this issue? And consequently, a no on prop 8 vote is in opposition to the will of God?

I honestly don't know what to think as my personal inclination would be to vote no on 8. But if God, knowing all things, wants me to vote yes, I think I would have to side with Him.

I'll be honest, my question is mainly directed toward PAC and DDD as they are probably the only two CG members who I'm confident hold TRs and are voting no on 8.

Last edited by smokymountainrain; 11-03-2008 at 02:42 PM.
smokymountainrain is offline   Reply With Quote