cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2009, 02:59 PM   #11
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
It's amusing to watch Cali resort to ever more ridiculous hyperbole to try and defend his Messiah. I think he's starting to lose it.

Truth be told, no one including Limbaugh actually expects that Obama will take him up on his offer. His debate challenge is just gamesmanship--an attempt to one-up the opposition, if you will. We'll see if Emmanuel, Carville, and Begala can come up with a counter, but based on Gibbs, they may just fold and walk away.

Pretty funny.
In other words, you agree with me that Obama shouldn't debate Limbaugh and that Limbaugh is just pining for attention?

Phew- you are so disagreeable when agreeing with people.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:01 PM   #12
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
You are the one that said; "Or does a discussion about Fox News require we also discuss Obama" Uhm, in this instance YES, a discussion about Fox News requires we also discuss Obama, because the article YOU linked to talks about Obama!

Unless of course logic does not apply here ... well then, I'll be happy to join you in the rabbit hole!
Did you get hit in the head with a hockey puck recently?
Old 03-06-2009, 03:34 PM   #13
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
In other words, you agree with me that Obama shouldn't debate Limbaugh and that Limbaugh is just pining for attention?

Phew- you are so disagreeable when agreeing with people.
Um, no. Now you're just being a troll.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:30 PM   #14
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Did you get hit in the head with a hockey puck recently?
You posted the link and bitched about Fox News. Did you think nobody would notice that the link was about how Fox News gets solid ratings by going after Obama?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #15
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
You posted the link and bitched about Fox News. Did you think nobody would notice that the link was about how Fox News gets solid ratings by going after Obama?
Is this honestly this challenging to understand? You guys have a real issue with focusing on the topic. The article is about Fox News' chief saying he will attack Obama incessently, with my post then quipping about how Fox News is clearly not "Fair and Balanced" as they claim. OF COURSE I thought people would realize it is about ratings for them. Isn't that the point? That they are not "fair and balanced" but driven by ideology and/or ratings?

Tooblue, in yet another fit of confusion, then concludes that the topic is Obama being afraid of Fox News. Look- I understand the article says Obama's name, and that Obama is the focus of the attacks being directed by Fox News, but how you get from Topic A (Fox isn't fair and balanced because they openly pronounce a goal of attacking Obama) to Topic B (Obama is afraid of Fox News) and don't even realize that you are switching topics is either amusing or a cause for doubting your mental stability.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:41 PM   #16
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Is this honestly this challenging to understand? You guys have a real issue with focusing on the topic. The article is about Fox News' chief saying he will attack Obama incessently, with my post then quipping about how Fox News is clearly not "Fair and Balanced" as they claim. Tooblue, in yet another fit of confusion, then concludes that the topic is Obama being afraid of Fox News. Look- I understand the article says Obama's name, and that Obama is the focus of the attacks being directed by Fox News, but how you get from Topic A (Fox isn't fair and balanced because they openly pronounce a goal of attacking Obama) to Topic B (Obama is afraid of Fox News) and don't even realize that you are switching topics is either amusing or a cause for doubting your mental stability.
I acknowledged that the article was about Fox News hammering Obama. I like that is doing it in order to balance out the fellating of Obama by every other news source. You don't. So what?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #17
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot we were in absurdville where any person who doesn't accept a challenge from any person, no matter how stupid the challenge, is deemed afraid of the challenge and the challenger.

What're you, yellow?

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:48 PM   #18
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Is this honestly this challenging to understand? You guys have a real issue with focusing on the topic. The article is about Fox News' chief saying he will attack Obama incessently, with my post then quipping about how Fox News is clearly not "Fair and Balanced" as they claim. OF COURSE I thought people would realize it is about ratings for them. Isn't that the point? That they are not "fair and balanced" but driven by ideology and/or ratings?

Tooblue, in yet another fit of confusion, then concludes that the topic is Obama being afraid of Fox News. Look- I understand the article says Obama's name, and that Obama is the focus of the attacks being directed by Fox News, but how you get from Topic A (Fox isn't fair and balanced because they openly pronounce a goal of attacking Obama) to Topic B (Obama is afraid of Fox News) and don't even realize that you are switching topics is either amusing or a cause for doubting your mental stability.
I must say you're likely a very good lawyer. But this isn't a court of law and your attempts to codify are futile. There is no change in topic. You posted about being fair AND balanced and my response is reasonable and on point:

"In a democratic society all sides must have a voice. What is Obama afraid of? If he is on morally, socially and politically higher ground then there is nothing to fear from the oppositional voices!"

It's a valid comment and a salient question. What does the head of the Democratic party or any Democrat (the association between the two is logical) have to fear from an oppositional voice? That's really what the article is talking about right -- oppositional voices that don't appear to be fair or balanced, especially in regards to Obama (or any Democrat -- the association between the two is logical).

You've intimated I'm crazy, stupid, absurd and have yet to answer any question I have posed. You then attempt to parse every discussion into neat and tidy prosecutable bits in order to further avoid answering my questions. Perhaps you feel we should all just shut up and listen to you? Oh well.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:51 PM   #19
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post

What're you, yellow?
Why engage when you can denigrate!
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #20
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

The word used in the article is "challenge" not "hammer." Pretty big difference. I think if you talked to David Gregory, Chris Matthews, Brian Williams, over the last few years, they would all say they think it's their job to "challenge" the Bush administration.

Just because all the other media outlets are backing off their job doesn't mean Fox has to. What's all the hub-bub about?

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote