cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BYU-Provo vs. BYU-Hawaii

I caught the first half of the game. Got bored and turned it off after that.

I was anxious to see how "Jet" Chang of BYU-Hawaii would do. Not so well in the first half, but he really had no teammates to work with.

A little backstory, a guy I play pickup ball with every week was signed by Arkansas in the Nolan Richardson days. He's now in his early 40s, so well past his athletic prime, but still a really fun guy to play with (he's a forward, and a good passer). Anyway, I'm a relatively low-skill hustle guy, except I don't hustle all that much anymore in my old age. But I do have my moments from time to time, and my buddy who played at Arkansas, when he is sitting out a game waiting for the next, likes to yell out "BYU-Hawaii!" That's his nickname for me.

He just last week told me that he had watched BYU Hawaii in the Div. II playoffs and that they were really good. He was surprised, he said. So that left me wondering if all the BYU-Hawaii references had been insults the entire time!

So fast forward to last night, I'm kinda curious about my namesake, BYU-Hawaii, and then they start talking about Jet Chang. I'm sitting there watching the game, actually rooting for the Seasiders. Why not? My mom attended there.

But alas, it was not to be. Their front line was completely out manned.

So I get online and say, "hmm, I'm gonna try and find me a BYU-Hawaii basketball jersey. That will complete the joke and be high entertainment."

But I can't find one! What kind of school is this?!

So that's my BYU-Hawaii story/wrap up. Hope you enjoyed it.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote