cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spalding TF-1000

The best ball for indoor basketball on the market is the Spalding TF-1000. Real leather does not hold up.

The TF-1000 starts out a dark brown. Brand new, it is marginal for playing. It gets a little bit slick with sweat. And then something magical happens. It ages. The bumps wear down, the color turns from brown to orange. The texture becomes perfect. Great grip. Sweat resistance.

And then something not so great happens. It fades, it wears, it frazzles, becomes very marginal, and must be replaced.

The TF-1000, in other words is a fruit, and occupies stages of unripeness, ripeness, and over ripeness.

It just so happens that my TF-1000 is at perfect ripeness and is currently the ball of choice, among the many TF-1000s of my group. It is a fleeting, wonderful time for my ball.

But like all mortal things, its day will pass, and it will soon be the "fall-back" ball.

So, in the meantime, brave warrior, sink your lips and teeth into this luscious fruit, shoot and dribble the hell out of it, it is yours, and you are hers. Give yourself to her, and she will give all to you.

The TF-1000. Proof of God.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I just went against my own advice and bought the Spalding official leather NBA ball. It was on sale, and same/cheaper than I could get the TF-1000. I have seen that there are mixed reviews on the ball. We shall see.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote