cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 11:06 PM   #21
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
All technical analysis aside, the bottom line is that the rule is stupid and should be scrapped.
It dissuades heightened emotional situations from escalating into full blown brawls.

And please, you think this will encourage people to cheap shot players to draw players unto the court? Pretty silly.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:07 PM   #22
fusnik11

Another thing, did anyone else notice the delayed, flopping of the arms by Steve Nash and the subsequent freak out by D'antoni?

He should have received a yellow card for excessive acting. The foul was not that bad.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:13 PM   #23
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11 View Post
Another thing, did anyone else notice the delayed, flopping of the arms by Steve Nash and the subsequent freak out by D'antoni?

He should have received a yellow card for excessive acting. The foul was not that bad.
The foul was bad. He hit the board hard. However it was AFTER he hit the board that he flailed his arms wildly into the air and then went on his back like he'd been shot. So that flopping part was bad.

It was a bad foul. Followed by a hard slam into the board, THEN followed by the flop.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:21 PM   #24
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:

And please, you think this will encourage people to cheap shot players to draw players unto the court? Pretty silly.
Did I say that?
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:23 PM   #25
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:

D'antoni picked that up in Italy. Nash picked it up playing soccer in Canada.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:27 PM   #26
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
All technical analysis aside, the bottom line is that the rule is stupid and should be scrapped.
I am not sure that the rule should be scrapped. But it should be revisited and I am sure the owners and player's union will bring this up this offseason to make it so there is at least room for interpretation. However, it's the rule in place now. And it's not like it's a new rule either and every year there are players who are suspended for violating it. So I don't understand the uproar about it really.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:31 PM   #27
fusnik11

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
I am not sure that the rule should be scrapped. But it should be revisited and I am sure the owners and player's union will bring this up this offseason to make it so there is at least room for interpretation. However, it's the rule in place now. And it's not like it's a new rule either and every year there are players who are suspended for violating it. So I don't understand the uproar about it really.
Me neither. Everybody knows the rule it's talked about multiple times during the season during altercations. People are forgetting Amare wasn't going out to be a peace maker and needed to be restrained by a ref, which took one of the three peace makers away from a possible melee.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:11 AM   #28
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Me neither. Everybody knows the rule it's talked about multiple times during the season during altercations. People are forgetting Amare wasn't going out to be a peace maker and needed to be restrained by a ref, which took one of the three peace makers away from a possible melee.
I still say the NBA got it wrong by not suspending Duncan. He didn't step on the floor to celebrate - or was it just a coincidence that he stepped onto the floor after the two players got tangled after the basket? Was it just a coincidence that Duncan's teammate grabbed Duncan and ushered him back to the bench?

Either be consistent with the rule or scrap it.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:12 AM   #29
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I challenge you to run down the floor and get body checked by Horry and then tell us the foul wasn't that bad.

I'm not a fan of the Suns at all, but that was a cheap shot by Horry.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote