cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2008, 01:10 AM   #11
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
So Kiffin is now going to have to be bought out for, what, 3.5 million? And no one is going to think less of him. He will have other jobs.

You know that 80+ year old guy who is too old to drive, but he thinks he can still do it? In fact, he thinks he can do it for years beyond the time he became dangerous behind the wheel but he can't objectively evaluate that anymore because his mental faculties are diminished? That is Al Davis, only it is an NFL franchise rather than Lincoln Town Car.

Now what person in their right mind is going to want that job? Whoever the next poor fool is better get some guaranteed money in that contract. Sorry Raider fans, you are stuck in this cycle as long as this man lives.
Wont be bought out. This is going to be a long legal battle. Davis claims that Kiffin lied to him on several occassions and he was trying to bring down the team.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:23 AM   #12
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Wont be bought out. This is going to be a long legal battle. Davis claims that Kiffin lied to him on several occassions and he was trying to bring down the team.
This will be like when Al sued the NFL when he was trying to move back to LA. I hope he dies soon. It's sad what has happened to this once proud franchise. Their fans deserve a hell of a lot more than what he has done for them the past 6 years.

Like DDD said, I just can't quit this team.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:42 AM   #13
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like this will go up to Roger Goddell's desk. My guess is that he'll show that Davis doesn't have a leg to stand on. Sending a letter after the first game of the season and then one after Buffalo...along with an alleged conversation in the airport isn't exactly overwhelming proof that Davis tried and wanted to make it work.
DrumNFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:11 AM   #14
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

That press conference was completely asinine. Is there even one other person in the entire world that believes that Kiffin is the bad guy? Al's going to have to hire a starry eyed Junior High football coach to work for him. No one else with any type of respectable credentials is going to touch that job with a 10 foot pole (whatever that means). Al Davis is like poison.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:19 AM   #15
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
That press conference was completely asinine. Is there even one other person in the entire world that believes that Kiffin is the bad guy? Al's going to have to hire a starry eyed Junior High football coach to work for him. No one else with any type of respectable credentials is going to touch that job with a 10 foot pole (whatever that means). Al Davis is like poison.
This is what I was thinking, too.

Who is advising Al Davis? What is his plan now?

The line to coach the Raiders is going to be very short now, regardless of prior winning tradition and history.

All these problems started when Al got selfish and started wanting to leave LA. He was fighting with Marcus (with Saint Marcus! holy crap....how do you fight with that guy of all people!)....he bad mouthed Jay Schroeder (of Shroeder's Air Raiders fame). What happened to "Just win, baby?"

Can Al please just move the team to LA again so we can all get back to the days of this amazing RADNESS:

NWA always kept it real and kept it local. Even wearing Kings caps!

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:49 AM   #16
CJF

CJF is on a distinguished road

This is Shanahan all over again. Kiffin will be a solid NFL head coach and he'll shove down the Raiders throat for years to come. I hate Al Davis. The Raiders will suck until Satan cashes in on his contract and finally takes Al's soul.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:55 AM   #17
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Boy, could we talk about something I care about a little more with a little more intensity.

Like most of America, I have no idea where Oakland is, much less care about the Raiders.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:01 AM   #18
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
This is Shanahan all over again. Kiffin will be a solid NFL head coach and he'll shove down the Raiders throat for years to come. I hate Al Davis. The Raiders will suck until Satan cashes in on his contract and finally takes Al's soul.
This is bad karma dating back to The Tuck.

I also have wondered...what if...just for argument's sake....Barrett Robbins hadnt gone insane and skipped out on the Superbowl to wander the street of Tijuana....would he have made enough of a difference to help them beat the Bucs?

And if they won a Superbowl....would that have completely changed their fortunes over the past several years?

Such is the plight of Raider Nation.

PS speaking of which, where the hell IS barrett robbins? did the police ever find that dude? I think he is wanted back in miami, no joke.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:07 AM   #19
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Good luck with that argument, Al.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:09 AM   #20
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
This is bad karma dating back to The Tuck.

I also have wondered...what if...just for argument's sake....Barrett Robbins hadnt gone insane and skipped out on the Superbowl to wander the street of Tijuana....would he have made enough of a difference to help them beat the Bucs?

And if they won a Superbowl....would that have completely changed their fortunes over the past several years?

Such is the plight of Raider Nation.

PS speaking of which, where the hell IS barrett robbins? did the police ever find that dude? I think he is wanted back in miami, no joke.
No doubt. It started with the Tuck. I remember that game like yesterday, and still remember the loudest F-bomb ever dropped in the Glenwood Apartments coming from a starting pitcher for BYU (he was later arrested on a sexual offense - coincidence?). Then Barrett going AWOL and getting our asses handed to us by our boy wonder John Gruden. Man....hard times.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote