cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2008, 07:38 PM   #11
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
I told Gidget last night that if Bolt gets into the 9.5 territory which I think is more than likely (probably could have had he not started celebrating with 20m left), that nobody else will touch that record for a long time. That dude is a freak. Someone needs to teach him how to catch and send him on fly patterns down the sidelines.
The 9ers tried to do that with Renaldo Nehemiah - and Nehemiah was a native of the US who had played football in high school. It was probably one of the few mistakes Walsh ever made while at SF. I'm guessing Bolt has never attempted to catch a ball, so it would make Walsh's signing of Nehemiah look brilliant.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:46 PM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

I have two words for those who want to recruit guys with fast 40s....:Bryce Mahuika.

Before we recruit Usain Bolt, have him put on some pads and get drilled once or twice running over the middle. If he can get back up and run another 9.65 on the next down, then let's look into getting him a scholarship.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:34 PM   #13
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

How come no one is asking if this guy is on drugs? If it was a bike rider the question would be asked.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #14
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
How come no one is asking if this guy is on drugs? If it was a bike rider the question would be asked.
I assume he is.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:07 PM   #15
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anybody know if this guy is on drugs?

With all that happened with Landis and Armstrong, I'm a tad skeptical. Please PM me if you have any info.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:14 PM   #16
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
With all that happened with Landis and Armstrong, I'm a tad skeptical. Please PM me if you have any info.
Check with Rocky's or Cali's source.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:56 PM   #17
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, you guys can all laugh it up, but the relaity is that this guy just did somethign that has NEVER been done (winning 100 and 200 in WR times) and he did it in a way that made everyone else look like they were running in mud. THat is pretty much all the evidence that was mustered against Armstrong and also is consistent with past perfromances that have been tainted (anyone recall Ben Johnson and how he absolutely decimated Carl Lewis and the filed in the 100M and then was found to be full of steroids?). Yet, I hear not one word questioning this guys perfromance. How can he do this so much better than anyone ever has? He is either a freak of nature or he is cheating, it seems to me.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:00 PM   #18
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Ok, you guys can all laugh it up, but the relaity is that this guy just did somethign that has NEVER been done (winning 100 and 200 in WR times) and he did it in a way that made everyone else look like they were running in mud. THat is pretty much all the evidence that was mustered against Armstrong and also is consistent with past perfromances that have been tainted (anyone recall Ben Johnson and how he absolutely decimated Carl Lewis and the filed in the 100M and then was found to be full of steroids?). Yet, I hear not one word questioning this guys perfromance. How can he do this so much better than anyone ever has? He is either a freak of nature or he is cheating, it seems to me.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle4551396.ece

this article says the debate is "raging".
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:01 PM   #19
scottie

scottie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Freak of nature in my opinion. It's so easy for him it looks like he's barely trying.

Last edited by scottie; 08-20-2008 at 06:04 PM.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:00 PM   #20
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
that's not true... Carl Lewis did it and so did Jesse Owens