cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2008, 01:47 PM   #21
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
Hot Rod is an idiot.
Wow, and so are you...
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:06 PM   #22
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
They are playing streetball. They are part of the problem contributing to the downfall of the NBA. Also, they will never win a championship playing that garbage streetball.
Do you think interest in the NBA is increasing or decreasing? The decrease in interest in the NBA during the late 90s and early 00s is directly related to the decline in offense and the overly physical clutch and grab style of play that took over the league.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:24 PM   #23
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Do you think interest in the NBA is increasing or decreasing? The decrease in interest in the NBA during the late 90s and early 00s is directly related to the decline in offense and the overly physical clutch and grab style of play that took over the league.
I will kill myself if it's San Antonio vs. Detroit in the Finals this year.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:27 PM   #24
Indy Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
We all know that the New Jersey/San Antonio finals a few years ago brought in the highest ratings ever.

NBA Finals
101 - 89
85 - 87
84 - 79
76 - 77
93 - 83
88 - 77
Old 03-24-2008, 03:32 PM   #25
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
Contributing to the downfall? That's the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. I don't know how you came to that conclusion. One of, if not THE most exciting teams in the NBA is contributing to its downfall? Yeah, ok...whatever you say Chief.
It is only exciting if you like flash that has absolutely no substance to it. The Golden State Warriors are the basketball equivalent of giggling a set of keys in front of a baby. It is bad basketball.

You can play with a degree of flash and still play fundamentally sound basketball. That is what is the real exciting type of basketball to watch. I agree that the teams that are all fundamentals with no flash are boring and hurt the game, but the same can be said about the flash with no fundamentals teams like the Warriors. Warriors are not an exciting team, they are a complete bore to watch.

If you want Warriors basketball, you should just get an And1 mixtape. I'd watch that over a Warriors game any day of the week.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:34 PM   #26
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
The answer to this isn't to completely eliminate fundamental basketball and turn the NBA into a glorified And1 mixtape (which is exactly what the Warriors are). The answer is to still play with fundamentals and add a little bit of flash to that. You can be a hybrid of the two styles.

If you want streetball go to Rucker Park.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:37 PM   #27
Indy Coug

Quote:
The answer to this isn't to completely eliminate fundamental basketball and turn the NBA into a glorified And1 mixtape (which is exactly what the Warriors are). The answer is to still play with fundamentals and add a little bit of flash to that. You can be a hybrid of the two styles.

If you want streetball go to Rucker Park.
I'm just ecstatic to see a team like Dallas who used to be a very fun and exciting team to watch fall apart as they sold their soul to try to become more physical and more defensive-minded.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:47 PM   #28
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
Come on, Spurs and Pistons! You can do it!

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:57 PM   #29
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
Wow, and so are you...
He calls a guy "Slick Willy?"
Maybe if you heard a real play by play man, you would know what an idiot he is.

Last edited by NorCal Cat; 03-24-2008 at 04:03 PM.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:02 PM   #30
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
It is only exciting if you like flash that has absolutely no substance to it. The Golden State Warriors are the basketball equivalent of giggling a set of keys in front of a baby. It is bad basketball.

You can play with a degree of flash and still play fundamentally sound basketball. That is what is the real exciting type of basketball to watch. I agree that the teams that are all fundamentals with no flash are boring and hurt the game, but the same can be said about the flash with no fundamentals teams like the Warriors. Warriors are not an exciting team, they are a complete bore to watch.

If you want Warriors basketball, you should just get an And1 mixtape. I'd watch that over a Warriors game any day of the week.
Please educate me, oh great one, and tell me exactly why the Warriors have no substance to their play, why it is bad basketball, and not fundamentally sound. Quit making blanket statements, and add some substance.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote