cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2008, 01:47 AM   #31
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Not so fast my enemy.

Congress has a role in pushing these organizations to remove doping, under the idea that there is a trickle down effect throughout the United States, esp. on younger athletes.

Oh, btw, congresspersons can walk and chew gum at the same time. At least when they are worrying about baseball, they are not attaching pork to spending bills.
You seem to favor federal law dictating morality. I say no thanks. Maybe state law, but preferably private institutions including families and churches and schools should preach or enforce private morality. One of the worst things that's happened to this country is our burdening federal courts with petty drug cases. As far as I'm concerned the drugs Clemens allegedly took should be stigmatized, against the rules of all organized sport, but legal. Congress is just putting on a political dog and pony show..

—Paul Auster

Last edited by SeattleUte; 02-14-2008 at 01:58 AM.
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:55 AM   #32
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
Don't forget MLB's anti-trust exemption. This is why you see the government involved a lot with baseball. The gov. feels they need to defend why they still are exempt. If they can not be trusted to run a anti doping campaign and clean themselves up, the government will make them do it and threaten to remove the anti trust exemption, which will never happen.
This cuts no ice with anyone such as myself who believes just about all antitrust laws are bad laws.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote