cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 02:39 AM   #11
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
It's pretty obvious that some are cheering he's no longer on the team,,,even in light of the obvious event of why...to me that is classless.

I think it would be equally classless whether he's in the spotlight or not or whether it were someone else to cheer a co-worker or anyone to be gone, in the light of something like that.

It's classless.

Teamwise is it a win-win for the Jazz? Yeah, in the long run I think it is, but to cheering him to be gone, in light of the circumstances....yes that is obviously classless.
I don't see anybody being glad that he is going through a tough time. Personally, the situation he is in sucks. I wouldn't wish having a daughter go through that on anybody.

Now, if you step back and look at it PURELY on a basketball sense, IMO, for the Jazz this is a huge bonus. Losing Fisher's experience will hurt, but having his contract off the books for a player who statistically didn't set the league on fire last year, and likely isn't going to get any better, this is a good situation for the Jazz. Nobody anywhere is rejoicing over Fisher going through the situation... rejoicing that he isn't on the Jazz is completely different.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:53 AM   #12
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I am definitely in the minority here, but I think Fisher was a good Jazz player. I liked his contribution and leadership. Even if he didn't have the stats you would want from a player with that kind of salary (and he clearly didn't), he was a veteran leader on the team and an all around good guy. Every team needs someone like that if they are going to succeed.
I also have mixed feelings about Fisher leaving. He wasn't the best player, but he did have some great clutch performances. In a weak locker room, he provided strong leadership and character. Most important I hope the best for him and his family.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:58 AM   #13
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I also have mixed feelings about Fisher leaving. He wasn't the best player, but he did have some great clutch performances. In a weak locker room, he provided strong leadership and character. Most important I hope the best for him and his family.
Well said. The Jazz will miss Fisher's leadership, which was one of the key factors for the team's success this past season.

I find it amusing that fans criticize his ability when he guy is one of the best basketball players in the world.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:17 AM   #14
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Well said. The Jazz will miss Fisher's leadership, which was one of the key factors for the team's success this past season.

I find it amusing that fans criticize his ability when he guy is one of the best basketball players in the world.
the thing that hurts fisher and isn't really his fault is that people criticize his ability as a starting 2 guard, which he is not. He's a point guard and when playing point, I think he did a damn fine job. However, he was thrown into the starting SG slot in which he wasn't tall enough or quick enough to guard his man and in many cases, not strong enough to bull the guy who guarding him, leaving him to jack up shots when he is not a high percentage shooter.

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:20 AM   #15
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewth8tr View Post
the thing that hurts fisher and isn't really his fault is that people criticize his ability as a starting 2 guard, which he is not. He's a point guard and when playing point, I think he did a damn fine job. However, he was thrown into the starting SG slot in which he wasn't tall enough or quick enough to guard his man and in many cases, not strong enough to bull the guy who guarding him, leaving him to jack up shots when he is not a high percentage shooter.
I can agree with this. He was out of position, but unfortunately it was out of necessity. Not having the 2 guard the Jazz needed was managements fault.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:13 PM   #16
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewth8tr View Post
Exactly. My issues with Fisher's play weren't really issues with him... more with how Sloan was using him.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:32 PM   #17
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Indy is just trolling Jazz fans, like he's done all year.

Rocky is unable to articulate exactly how everyone was being so classless.

This is a non-issue, IMO.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:19 PM   #18
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
Indy is just trolling Jazz fans, like he's done all year.

Rocky is unable to articulate exactly how everyone was being so classless.

This is a non-issue, IMO.
I guess it's so much a non-issue that you felt compelled to boardmail me demanding a link to the classless acts of Jazz fans regarding this issue. LOL.....
Old 07-05-2007, 05:10 AM   #19
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I guess it's so much a non-issue that you felt compelled to boardmail me demanding a link to the classless acts of Jazz fans regarding this issue. LOL.....
Well it wasn't officially a non-issue until you were unable to provide a specific link to what you were talking about.

You didn't, so now it is a non-issue.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:31 AM   #20
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
Well it wasn't officially a non-issue until you were unable to provide a specific link to what you were talking about.

You didn't, so now it is a non-issue.
I did provide a specific link.

www.cougarboard.com

Thus endeth the lesson.