cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Other College Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #10
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
What you will see as the year progresses is that UCLA is not that good, and overrated. You are wearing shades of blue right now. Also, UCLA is experiencing a reputational bounce because of last year's win at USC, and being UCLA. UCLA will be middle of the Pac 10.
I think you are right. UCLA is not that good. I don't believe they are a Top 10 team.

I have several reasons why I think 14 points is a lock.
#1- They beat Stanford 45-17. Stanford is better than Utah.
#2 - Utah can't score. I've got to believe UCLA can score at least 21.
#3- Utah can not stop the run.
#4- UCLA will rush 6 or 7 every down and cause multiple sacks and turnovers.
#5 UCLA's corners are good enough to cover Utah's All-American receivers in man coverage. BYU was able to beat the blitz by throwing to the tight ends. Utah doesn't use their tight ends very much. I suspect Utah will try a bunch of 5 wide sets and throw quick passes since they don't have a running back. Grady will get absolutely killed if he doesn't get rid of the ball quickly.

Maybe Whit comes up with a great defensive plan like he has so many time in the past and holds UCLA to 17 points. I just don't think they have the personnel to do it.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote