cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2008, 08:47 PM   #1
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch is on a distinguished road
Default This Patterson thing kinda sucks for his team.

It really sucks for the TCU players. Here you have a team trying to bust the BCS and your coach is out discussing a possible job change the week of your game against Utah. This is pure speculation on my part because of the rumors that have been put out but I highly doubt those talks between the 2 began this morning. I have told many people i thought that Patterson had a great game plan for the BYU game and I didn't think that was the case with the Utah game last night. Kinda of hard to put a game plan together for the biggest game of the year if you are talking about a new job with K. State. I don't think that is fair to his team.

From what I know and everything I have been told even Urban waited until after the BYU game in 04 to talk to other schools. I don't understand why Patterson couldn't have waited 2 weeks.

Maybe he didn't and like I said this is pure speculation on my part. I just disagree with him talking to them when TCU is trying to bust into the BCS if this is the case.

Don't take this as a slam on Utah's win. They did what they needed to do to win and it was a great win for their program.
Hot Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:53 PM   #2
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
It really sucks for the TCU players. Here you have a team trying to bust the BCS and your coach is out discussing a possible job change the week of your game against Utah. This is pure speculation on my part because of the rumors that have been put out but I highly doubt those talks between the 2 began this morning. I have told many people i thought that Patterson had a great game plan for the BYU game and I didn't think that was the case with the Utah game last night. Kinda of hard to put a game plan together for the biggest game of the year if you are talking about a new job with K. State. I don't think that is fair to his team.

From what I know and everything I have been told even Urban waited until after the BYU game in 04 to talk to other schools. I don't understand why Patterson couldn't have waited 2 weeks.

Maybe he didn't and like I said this is pure speculation on my part. I just disagree with him talking to them when TCU is trying to bust into the BCS if this is the case.

Don't take this as a slam on Utah's win. They did what they needed to do to win and it was a great win for their program.
I agree. Let it wait until after the season. Two extra weeks isn't going to make much difference.

I also agree with your statement about Utah. They certainly did benefit from a few breaks in that game, but they deserve all the credit for taking advantage of the opportunity they were given. They deserve NONE of the "they got lucky" disrespect they're getting from some BYU fans.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #3
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
I agree. Let it wait until after the season. Two extra weeks isn't going to make much difference.

I also agree with your statement about Utah. They certainly did benefit from a few breaks in that game, but they deserve all the credit for taking advantage of the opportunity they were given. They deserve NONE of the "they got lucky" disrespect they're getting from some BYU fans.
Two missed TCU FGs inside the Utah 10 with 5 minutes left isn't being lucky. It's living right.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:36 PM   #4
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
Two missed TCU FGs inside the Utah 10 with 5 minutes left isn't being lucky. It's living right.
Hey, magic happens . . .
Old 11-07-2008, 09:38 PM   #5
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know the details of Patterson's contract with TCU, but in 2004, it was frequently reported that teams were not allowed to talk to Urban Meyer until after the regular season. I guess those types of terms in the coaching carousel do not have NCAA-wide uniformity?
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:28 PM   #6
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

If this is the case, then shame on Kansas State and more shame on Peterson.

Being in the financial position to poach coaches from the non-BCS schools is yet another reason to hate the BCS.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote