cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2008, 08:06 PM   #11
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
I agree with your assessment, so far.
Caught. Ma'ake confesses to trolling.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:48 PM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
People don't know her policies, Il Pad. What is her position on Iraq? Do you know? She apparently doesn't either, stating that she hasn't had time to follow Iraq, given her duties in Alaska. Do you know how she feels about China? Or what her belief would be on the Bush Doctrine? Or how she feels Iran should best be engaged?

Do you know how she feels about social security privatization, or health care? What are her thoughts on AIDS and the role the US should play in fighting the disease? Where does she come down on education issues?

Nobody has a clue.
I for one am very interested in learning more about Palin's favorite positions. What are the chances she talks about them in graphic detail at the RNC?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:49 PM   #13
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I for one am very interested in learning more about Palin's favorite positions.
I'm guessing you're not the only one.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:56 PM   #14
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
I'm guessing you're not the only one.
The awesome thing about picking this woman is that nobody is listening to a thing she says because everyone is trying to imagine her naked.

Hillary.....no wonder everyone listened to her....

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:01 AM   #15
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default What is your party's view on funding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
People don't know her policies, Il Pad. What is her position on Iraq? Do you know? She apparently doesn't either, stating that she hasn't had time to follow Iraq, given her duties in Alaska. Do you know how she feels about China? Or what her belief would be on the Bush Doctrine? Or how she feels Iran should best be engaged?

Do you know how she feels about social security privatization, or health care? What are her thoughts on AIDS and the role the US should play in fighting the disease? Where does she come down on education issues?

Nobody has a clue. Heck, the lady doesn't know what the VP does (or didn't a few months ago). That doesn't give me great confidence that she has put a lot of thought into the topics above.

McCain didn't pick her for the issues, other than abortion and guns. He picked her because she is female and young and evangelical. We will all now learn how she stands on everything else, including McCain and, perhaps, her.
Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and the new health plan? What does your party think of entitlements? I'm sensing that between you and Ma'ake, both of you are looking for handouts from the government for doing nothing. Are you guys the poster children for entitlements?

BTW.........I think more research should go into a cancer cure than HIV. More people are diagnosed with cancer and die from cancer than HIV in the US each year. Why spend the money to cure behavioral issues. There are KNOWN solutions to HIV transmission........but it does require some personal responsibility.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:05 AM   #16
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
There are KNOWN solutions to HIV transmission........but it does require some personal responsibility.
Everyday 1500 children die from AIDS.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:15 AM   #17
exUte

Default Much worse afflicted the Clinton's and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
http://www.adn.com/news/politics/story/510080.html

Evidently, nobody contacted this Walt Monegan character as part of a vetting process for Palin, and he claims to have some damning emails that he won't share with the press because the investigation is ongoing.

Speaking of vetting, Palin's choice to replace the fired Monegan had to resign after 2 weeks because of a sexual harassment complaint.

However, in the larger view of Palin's considerable efforts at conquering corruption in Alaskan politics and how they compare favorably with her own struggle with a relatively minor corruption problem... well, I'm just not sure how well that would sell in the lower 48.

If this thing blows up, the Palin episode would get a whole chapter in future Poli-Sci textbooks.
they turned out to be the best Dem's President in recent history. Why would it matter now...on a much smaller scale.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:18 AM   #18
exUte

Default How many die of cancer each day?

Quote:
In the US? That's a new one. I'm sure you're talking of worldwide. In that case, how did they contract AIDS? Parents. Behavior. That's my point.

How many die of hunger? What are we doing to fight that? It's cause celeb because of the gay movement here in the US.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:21 AM   #19
exUte

Default 1,500 die each day in the US from cancer.

Quote:
Worldwide it's 20,000 per DAY. With limited resources which 'squeaky wheel' do you address first?

16,000 children die per DAY in AFrica from hunger. So what is your point?

Last edited by exUte; 09-01-2008 at 02:26 AM.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:28 AM   #20
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
In the US? That's a new one. I'm sure you're talking of worldwide. In that case, how did they contract AIDS? Parents. Behavior. That's my point.
So we're not going to treat AIDS-infected children because of the sins of their parents? Awesome. I'm certain the pharisees would approve.